Laptop Acer Aspire E5-771G + FreeBSD = NOWAY?

Hello! Can not install FreeBSD on my laptop Aser Aspire E5-771G (hybrid graphics: Intel + NVidia). System gave me a lot of spam messages. Anybody knows how to fix it? Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 19-20-22 Что там с ACPI - unixforum.org.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 19-20-22 Что там с ACPI - unixforum.org.png
    914.5 KB · Views: 103
This might not be a good answer but everytime i encoutered that problem myself i just tried other BSDs from family. I would recommend OpenBSD since it has much better support for laptops. NetBSD if you need wine. etc..

This might not be a good answer but everytime i encoutered that problem myself i just tried other BSDs from family. I would recommend OpenBSD since it has much better support for laptops. NetBSD if you need wine. etc..
GhostBSD is the best choice for me, because there is no problem witch ACPI. But still I want the parent system... 🤷‍♂️

11, 12, 13, 14-current
Please try the following:

Boot the installer regardless of this error messages. Once booted try to switch to a different console. (ALT F5 or CTRL-ALT F5.
In this new tty do you than still get this error messages or can you just login w/o this messages.

If you do not get the error messages in the tty5 than I may have an idea.

System gave me a lot of spam messages.
If those messages are only spamming the console screen but the FreeBSD installer boots until to the FreeBSD installer "Welcome" dialog then it's possible to install the system nevertheless.

Once the system arrives at the "Welcome" dialog enter "Live CD". Then change as suggested by meaw229a to another virtual terminal ttyv4 - ttyv7 (i.e. Alt + F5 for ttyv4).

Login as root, no password needed, execute sh /etc/rc.local. This will open the "Welcome" install dialog, begin installation.

However, after the system is installed the error messages might be continue to spam the console (but not the other virtual terminals).

Back