Kodi - Enigma2 PVR

I have just come across the Enigma2 (E2) PVR for Kodi which enables you watch Live TV on Kodi by connecting to an Enigma2 based DVB-S2 STB. Unfortunately it doesn't look as if it as available off the shelf for anyone but Windows users - at least that's how it looks so I'm attempting to build it myself following the instructions here.

Is there anything I should look out for when attempting to build this on FreeBSD?

Here's what I got when trying to build it:-
cmake -DADDONS_TO_BUILD=pvr.vuplus -DADDON_SRC_PREFIX=../.. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../../xbmc/build/addons -DPACKAGE_ZIP=1 ../../xbmc/cmake/addons
-- The C compiler identification is Clang 6.0.1
-- The CXX compiler identification is Clang 6.0.1
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- broken
CMake Error at /usr/local/share/cmake/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:52 (message):
The C compiler

"/usr/bin/cc"

is not able to compile a simple test program.

It fails with the following output:

Change Dir: /mnt/projects/kodi/pvr.vuplus/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command:"/usr/local/bin/gmake" "cmTC_78a80/fast"
/usr/local/bin/gmake -f CMakeFiles/cmTC_78a80.dir/build.make CMakeFiles/cmTC_78a80.dir/build
gmake[1]: Entering directory '/mnt/projects/kodi/pvr.vuplus/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
Building C object CMakeFiles/cmTC_78a80.dir/testCCompiler.c.o
/usr/bin/cc -o CMakeFiles/cmTC_78a80.dir/testCCompiler.c.o -c /mnt/projects/kodi/pvr.vuplus/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/testCCompiler.c
Linking C executable cmTC_78a80
/usr/local/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/cmTC_78a80.dir/link.txt --verbose=1
/usr/bin/cc CMakeFiles/cmTC_78a80.dir/testCCompiler.c.o -o cmTC_78a80
/usr/bin/ld: error: failed to write to the output file: Permission denied
cc: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
gmake[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/cmTC_78a80.dir/build.make:87: cmTC_78a80] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/mnt/projects/kodi/pvr.vuplus/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
gmake: *** [Makefile:121: cmTC_78a80/fast] Error 2

CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:2 (project)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/mnt/projects/kodi/pvr.vuplus/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/mnt/projects/kodi/pvr.vuplus/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

Does any of this mean anything to anyone?

I notice that Kodi PVR addons for Ubuntu are not packaged with Kodi itself, unlike other platforms:-

It seems you can install them speratately using something like - [I]sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-argustv[/I]

I don't suppose this is possible on FreeBSD... (I can always hope...)

I've just got this add-on working on Windows and really like it. Don't really want to be using Windows though :(

I've just got this add-on working on Windows and really like it. Don't really want to be using Windows though :(

I've also managed to get it working on Android, which is nice.

If anyone uses an Enigma2 based satellite receiver, I'd definitely recommend trying this addon.

Not had any success so far trying to build it on FreeBSD.

Is the latter meant for some specific device? Or it's generic? If generic, am I correct assuming that IPTV stream has to be unencrypted?
Or has it some option for handling the encrypted streams - if user has proper keys

Lots, of questions and assumptions, I know, sorry.
Well I used it months ago on my Android and if I recall it correctly you basically could add local or remote lists in M3U format to watch TV and such

Well I used it months ago on my Android and if I recall it correctly you basically could add local or remote lists in M3U format to watch TV and such
I am asking because my ISP has all but 6 of it's provided IPTV streams/channels under encryption. I would gladly do away with that rented STB it forced on me and watch TV+other visual media (like family videos) all through Kodi if possible.

Back