Solved Keyboard not working gdm

When I am at the login screen with gdm I can't type anything and not even the num lock light work but each time I press 6 I hear a beep sound until I log in (with the onscreen keyboard) the keyboard just doesn't work at all. It only work while starting gnome with startx.

I also already have dbus-daemon(1) and hald(8) enabled in rc.conf

Looks like it's properly detected:
Code:
[ 27.018] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "kbdmux" (type: KEYBOARD, id 6)

If Gnome works (using startx) and Xorg detects it properly the issue must be with GDM. Did you use some customized configuration for it?

Looks like it's properly detected:
Code:
[ 27.018] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "kbdmux" (type: KEYBOARD, id 6)

If Gnome works (using startx) and Xorg detects it properly the issue must be with GDM. Did you use some customized configuration for it?

I didn't. I just installed gdm and changed nothing about it I even reinstalled it and the same thing was happening I don't know why it does that is there something we can change in gdm to make it work?

/etc/rc.conf
Code:
hostname="BSD"
keymap="ca-fr"
ifconfig_re0="DHCP"
sshd_enable="YES"
ntpd_enable="NO"
powerd_enable="YES"
# Set dumpdev to "AUTO" to enable crash dumps, "NO" to disable
dumpdev="AUTO"
dbus_enable="YES"
hald_enable="YES"

Try to see if it works after adding these options:
Code:
gdm_enable="YES"
gnome_enable="YES"

I didn't configure it. Maybe that's the problem so how do I configure it?

Indeed it has nothing to do with it, but devfs allows normal user to mount CDROM, DVD or USB devices.

On the other hand, to have animations enabled: x11/gnome-shell requires acceleration of to work.

Read /usr/ports/x11/gnome-shell/pkg-message for further information.

Back