kernel build failed

I found a few posts on the Internet where people complaining about i7 on freebsd.
I couldn't find answers there, only questions...

I don't have a clue so that's only what I think myself:
1. You successfully installed 8.0. This means that 8.0 kernel has everything to recognize your hardware. Also I'm sure you have latest BIOS for your motherboard.
2. You decided to upgrade to 8-stable that is quite smart. Majority of your hardware looks new so 8-stable kernel must also have everything to recognize it.
3. The problem is about failure while compiling new kernel from sources. I can see only 2 reasons why this happens: a) sources problem b)compiler problem.
4. Theoretically something wrong could be also with your hardware but I would put aside hardware issues at the moment.
5. If I were in your place I would try the following:
a) clean reinstall of 8.0-RELEASE, does it still work? I would install only base and kernel (minimal install) + maybe docs and man pages. No any packages, no even ports.
b) pull fresh sources from ftp.
c) try to build CUSTOM-1 kernel without touching any options in GENERIC but only remove unused devices namely raid, scsi, nics, wireless, firewire etc for hardware you don't have.
d) if even light customization doesn't go through on 8.0 and CUSTOM-1 kernel cannot be built I would stay on 8.0 and search for similar cases and ask on mailing lists.
e) if such CUSTOM-1 kernel can be built without problems I wouldn't even install it but CLEAN everything again and
f) pull 8-stable sources and undergo FULL upgrade procedure step by step as described in Handbook (all the page including questions). I would keep in mind that everything must be as clean as possible. I would stay with GENERIC only.
g) if make buildkernel would fail again I would go back to d) or
h) download 9-current snapshot and try to install it. Then try to update kernel on 9-current (pulling new sources and etc as in Handbook). If failure again I would
i) remove all duplicated hardware (nics, sound cards etc) from the box and leave only what is minimum necessary.
j) start over with 8-stable.

c) try to build CUSTOM-1 kernel without touching any options in GENERIC but only remove unused devices namely raid, scsi, nics, wireless, firewire etc for hardware you don't have.

Thanks zeiz and friends ..
I have read here, and I deleted the kernel scsi and raid, one error left .. which is partly good news. error -> BUS_WRITE_IVAR for "/usr/src# make buildkernel "

Code:
./acpi_if.h:115: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_EC_WR'
./acpi_if.h:115: error: stray '\335' in program
./acpi_if.h:128: error: stray '\335' in program
./acpi_if.h:128: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_BATT_GET_'
./acpi_if.h:128: error: stray '\335' in program
./acpi_if.h:140: error: stray '\335' in program
./acpi_if.h:140: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '_BATT_GET_STATUS'
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
In file included from /usr/src/sys/dev/acpica/Osd/OsdDebug.c:48:
/usr/src/sys/dev/acpica/acpivar.h: In function 'acpi_get_handle':
/usr/src/sys/dev/acpica/acpivar.h:251: warning: implicit declaration of function 'BUS_READ_IVAR'
/usr/src/sys/dev/acpica/acpivar.h:251: warning: nested extern declaration of 'BUS_READ_IVAR'
/usr/src/sys/dev/acpica/acpivar.h: In function 'acpi_set_handle':
/usr/src/sys/dev/acpica/acpivar.h:251: warning: implicit declaration of function 'BUS_WRITE_IVAR'
/usr/src/sys/dev/acpica/acpivar.h:251: warning: nested extern declaration of 'BUS_WRITE_IVAR'
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC.
*** Error code 1

problem is solved ..

1 to 8 when opening the bios was up to say .. acpi hot plugin y / n had a message. I have it set and the kernel was compiled with NO ..

thank you all ..

Code:
FreeBSD mybsd 8.0-STABLE FreeBSD 8.0-STABLE #0: Mon Dec 28 19:10:52 EET 2009     root@mybsd:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

acpi should be? is a problem ..

I compiled the kernel but I do not see 8 cpu .. What to do, etc. Do you have a kernel smp mode?

How do I compile the kernel with 8 cpu .. smp .. ?

dmesg -1

Code:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         860  @ 2.80GHz (2798.03-MHz 686-class CPU)
  Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0x106e5  Stepping = 5
  Features=0xbfebfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,DTS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS$
  Features2=0x98e3fd<SSE3,DTES64,MON,DS_CPL,VMX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,POPCNT>
  AMD Features=0x28100000<NX,RDTSCP,LM>
  AMD Features2=0x1<LAHF>
  TSC: P-state invariant
real memory  = 4294967296 (4096 MB)
avail memory = 3669082112 (3499 MB)
ACPI APIC Table: <GBT    GBTUACPI>
FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor System Detected: 8 CPUs
FreeBSD/SMP: 1 package(s) x 4 core(s) x 2 SMT threads
 cpu0 (BSP): APIC ID:  0
 cpu1 (AP): APIC ID:  1
 cpu2 (AP): APIC ID:  2
 cpu3 (AP): APIC ID:  3
 cpu4 (AP): APIC ID:  4
 cpu5 (AP): APIC ID:  5
 cpu6 (AP): APIC ID:  6
 cpu7 (AP): APIC ID:  7
ioapic0: Changing APIC ID to 2
ioapic0 <Version 2.0> irqs 0-23 on motherboard
kbd1 at kbdmux0
acpi0: <GBT GBTUACPI> on motherboard
acpi0: [ITHREAD]

dmesg -2 No 8 cpu???

Code:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         860  @ 2.80GHz (2798.03-MHz 686-class CPU)
  Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0x106e5  Stepping = 5
  Features=0xbfebfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,DTS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS$
  Features2=0x98e3fd<SSE3,DTES64,MON,DS_CPL,VMX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,POPCNT>
  AMD Features=0x28100000<NX,RDTSCP,LM>
  AMD Features2=0x1<LAHF>
  TSC: P-state invariant
real memory  = 4294967296 (4096 MB)
avail memory = 3669082112 (3499 MB)
kbd1 at kbdmux0
acpi0: <GBT GBTUACPI> on motherboard
acpi0: [ITHREAD]

What need you is a HAMMER... :) IMO with an I7 CPU and 4 gig of ram. I would not waste my time with an I386 version but rather go for the amd64 version of FreeBSD.

ahci mode enable

my computer 8 cpu , but I see 1 cpu when compiling the kernel.

Code:
sysctl hw.ncpu
hw.ncpu: 1

Why not 8 ?

routers, use
Code:
 tags for system output.
[url=http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=8816]Posting and Editing in the FreeBSD Forums[/url]

my kernel compile error -> http://www.harmanyeri.web.tr/buildkernel.log

problem solved..
thx freebsd-stable mail list,

Thx Dimitry Andric freebsd-stable mail list..

1 month I was dealing with this error. I wrote frebsd forums everywhere. but not.
and ...
are today, but thank you very much.
I'm very happy.

Dimitry Andric wrote of me ;

Yes, your /etc/profile is fine, just leave your default settings for
Turkish locale. You only need to use LC_ALL=C temporarily, for building
world and kernel.

For example, you could use:
Code:
cd /usr/src
unset LANG
unset MM_CHARSET