Keep/install/exclude soft from ports and packages

Hello guys,

I have installed version of PHP 7.1 by pkg. When I want to install nagios then nagios is forcing remove php7.1 and install PHP version 5.6. The only way is use packages and ports. But the problem is when some version is available to update and if I want to update by portmaster, all installed version will be updated by portmaster. For portmaster it doesn't matter if it's installed from ports or pkg, everything will be updated.. My question is. Can I keep files installed from pkg only for pkg and the same for ports? If not is there any way to create some whitelist and put there package to update only for pkg? I know solution like pkg lock. It isn't good enough because packages don't want to be updated in anyway. I would be graceful for some advice.

Portmaster has the "-x" option to exclude the upgrade (or downgrade in your case) of ports. I'm not sure if this works for dependencies of ports (php is a dependency of nagios).

Or maybe you can try setting
Code:
DEFAULT_VERSIONS+= php=7.1
in /etc/make.conf.

Binary packages are built using the default versions for things, and the default options.

Currently, PHP 5.6 is the default, so any package that requires PHP will depend on version 5.6.

If you need a different version of PHP, then you'll need to build your own packages. This is where things like synth and poudriere come into play.

Set your default versions to what you need, and build all the packages you need into a custom repo. Then install the packages from there.

With respect to the installation of net-mgmt/nagios, the way to go is to edit /etc/make.conf as MarcoB suggested and then issue # cd net-mgmt/nagios; make install clean.

Your other questions about dual mode maintenance (binary packages and building from source) bubble up quite frequently in this forum, and just yesterday, I wrote up my take on this in a BLog post: FreeBSD Dual Mode updating of the installed ports collection.

Please try again, yesterday I tried to switch the WordPress system from MySQL to MariaDB, and I miserably failed, so instead of a few minutes of downtime, I sent my service off for a few hours -- I am sorry.

yesterday I tried to switch the WordPress system from MySQL to MariaDB, and I miserably failed, so instead of a few minutes of downtime, I sent my service off for a few hours -- I am sorry.
I'm sure we've all done something similar at some point. I know I have ;)

With respect to the installation of net-mgmt/nagios, the way to go is to edit /etc/make.conf as MarcoB suggested and then issue # cd net-mgmt/nagios; make install clean.

Your other questions about dual mode maintenance (binary packages and building from source) bubble up quite frequently in this forum, and just yesterday, I wrote up my take on this in a BLog post: FreeBSD Dual Mode updating of the installed ports collection.

Nice blog. Great IPDB tools article, BTW.

Please try again, yesterday I tried to switch the WordPress system from MySQL to MariaDB, and I miserably failed, so instead of a few minutes of downtime, I sent my service off for a few hours -- I am sorry.
No problem it's working now, thanks.

Back