KDE4.2 keybindings

Please help... I have recently installed KDE4.2 on two separate FreeBSD machines. On one machine, everything is working great. On the other, there are no KDE Components listed in the drop down in systemsettings --> keyboard & mouse --> Global Keyboard Shortcuts, and all my keybindings are all screwy. I've even gone as far as removing all KDE4 ports and reinstalling them.

I've also done a diff on 'find /usr/local/kde4 | sort' between the two machines and come up with nothing, so all the same files are installed. Of course, I guess some of those files could be corrupted. I've also rsync'ed the entire ~/.kde* structure from the working machine to the non-working machine, but still the same results.

Any ideas?

Adam

Nope, same versions across the board (server 1.5.3). I did a csup on the ports tree on both machines at the same time, and then did a portupgrade on both. I haven't had any more chance to look into this (my company just laid off a coworker, and I've found myself doing essentially the jobs of two people), but I'm working around it now by creating a new kdm session that runs this script:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
export PATH=/usr/local/kde4/bin:$PATH
xbindkeys
/usr/local/bin/xfce-mcs-manager &
/usr/local/kde4/bin/akregator &
/usr/local/kde4/bin/kwin &
/usr/local/kde4/bin/plasma &
/usr/local/kde4/bin/kmix &
/usr/local/kde4/bin/klipper &
/usr/local/kde4/bin/korgac -icon korgac &
/usr/local/bin/screenlets-daemon &
/usr/local/bin/fusion-icon &
/usr/local/kde4/bin/krunner &
/usr/local/bin/xscreensaver -no-splash &
exec dbus-launch --exit-with-session /usr/local/bin/fusion-icon

I asked on one of the KDE forums, and they suggested that I start adding items to that script from the normal startkde script to see which one breaks the setup but, as I haven't gotten to that yet, unfortunately.

Adam

Back