Solved Jumping Display

I can upload the video here but it seems too large. I had brought my camera very close to the screen to show a small part of the terminal.
You can see the lines of texts in it jump up and down.
Any app in the current window basically jumps up and down be it a webpage, a file manager and so on. It seems to be an attack on the cursor. Anything the cursor is on, its contents jump/flicker.

Is this intel video card?
Most likely. I can check tomorrow. I'm aware its an onboard video card. We replaced the board years ago. It must be MSI not Gigabyte, ASUS or any other.

We had the problem on Mint until the OS was reinstalled. And we later changed to Devuan. Like five months down the line, it started again.

Whao!
I should have issued a disclaimer from this outset. It is escaped my mind. Not only that!

This is what happens when one thinks the world evolves around FreeBSD only. And one does not think other forums/fora exist. I had opened threads on Devuan Galaxy/Dev forum before. It has little traffic.
I however had completely mistaken the FreeBSD forum for the only go-to community. I'm addicted to FreeBSD :):).

Many thanks to all people that responded. We do have cross-talk on Unix-Linux in this playground; that's another reason behind it. Interestingly, the box only connects to FreeBSD machines here and there. Did it get infected from the Internet/FreeBSD :):)? Hence, if anyone still deem it fit to assist that would be appreciated.

I often suffer from the "too-many-open-windows" syndrome, and copy/paste things to the wrong window :rolleyes:

Reactions: a6h
:beer: Prosit! ...
This looks like a bad timing effect. Like what happened in the old days when we had to select modelines. Does the same effect occur with another monitor, too?

:beer: Prosit! ...
This looks like a bad timing effect. Like what happened in the old days when we had to select modelines. Does the same effect occur with another monitor, too?
I shall soon try that and come back to you.

Back