Java plugin on 8.0 amd64

Hello.

What do I need to install to get a java plugin for native Firefox on 8.0-RELEASE-amd64?

I'm slightly overwhelmed by all of the java options in ports and can't find any clear info on what will provide the plugin.

either java/jdk16, java/diablo-jdk16, java/openjdk6 or java/openjdk7 pick one...
for jdk16 and diablo-jdk16 [which is precompiled jdk16] you will need to download some files

for openjdk you still need some jdk to bootstrap it... but once you have openjdk isntalled, you no longer will need other jdk to install openjdk

I prefer openjdk, because I don't have to download any extra files... :D

On other hand openjdk seams to work little worse. For example Netbeans fonts with onenjdk look ugly. Perhapsh it's something other that's wrong, but I didn't investigate, since I don't use netbeans

It seems the openjdk ports don't support a browser plugin. One needs to install one of the diablo-jre* or diablo-jdk* ports to get that. The openjdk ports (currently) seem to be useful only for running java applications.

hmm, then how can I play java tetris in opera? I only have openjdk6 & 7 installed

EDIT:
Opera probably does different approach on this
In opera I have to specify path to java

killasmurf86 said:
hmm, then how can I play java tetris in opera? I only have openjdk6 & 7 installed

EDIT:
Opera probably does different approach on this
In opera I have to specify path to java

Opera doesn't use the plugin. It contacts Java directly to run. So no plugin needed for Opera.

Back