Issue with Shotcut

Hi guys,

today I tried to use Shotcut but it didn't work and I had to use my Linux partition to make this school assignment with my daughter.

This is the issue: the timeline isn't displayed and therefore it is impossible to add footage.

These is my setup:
Code:
shotcut -v
Shotcut 22.06.23

freebsd-version -k
13.1-RELEASE-p6

Before to open a bug report I'd like to check if maybe I am doing something wrong by my end, thanks!

F.

T-Daemon Thank you, I made it on Linux but has been really painful...

I wish more people would love using FreeBSD as daily Desktop driver and have more eyes on top of it... 🙏

have you tried using Blender it has a video editing within it with lots of special effects. you can even add 3d effects to it like in the movies and lots of other XF stuff to the video too. maybe check it out and youtube has plenty of how to videos

Screenshot_2023-03-31_20-12-31.png

have you tried using Blender it has a video editing within it with lots of special effects...
I am a big fan of Blender, I tried several time to learn it but it runs so fast that I could never keep up with it, I have basic knowledge of it and for what I know the video editing has always been the weakest part...

The reason to use Shotcut is because it is nice and easy enough to make a simple editing for you 5yo daughter school assignment. 😇

I am a big fan of Blender, I tried several time to learn it but it runs so fast that I could never keep up with it, I have basic knowledge of it and for what I know the video editing has always been the weakest part...

The reason to use Shotcut is because it is nice and easy enough to make a simple editing for you 5yo daughter school assignment. 😇
I don't get it, just cut and move the selections around like the other editors then render it out to a file, simple basic cut and splice .

you might be over thinking it with all of the special effects it is capable of but still it is not that much different then the other ones . add moves. splice them into selections, move them to where you need them then output them into one new movie, done.

there is others out there too for Linux you should google best video editing software for Linux then search pkg and/or ports to see if FreeBSD added them . then try one of those or all of them

I was board:
Code:
userx@FreeBeSD:~$ sudo pkg search openshot
libopenshot-audio-0.3.0        OpenShot Audio Library
openshot-3.0.0_1               OpenShot Video Editor
py39-libopenshot-0.3.0_2       OpenShot Video Library
userx@FreeBeSD:~$ sudo pkg search shotcut
shotcut-22.06.23               Free, open source, cross-platform video editor
userx@FreeBeSD:~$ sudo pkg search flowblade
userx@FreeBeSD:~$ sudo pkg search lightworks
userx@FreeBeSD:~$ sudo pkg search blender
blender-3.4.1_4                3D modeling/rendering/animation package
blender-doc-2.3                Blender Documentation
userx@FreeBeSD:~$ sudo pkg search cinelerra
userx@FreeBeSD:~$ sudo pkg search vidcutter
userx@FreeBeSD:~$ sudo pkg search kdenlive
kdenlive-22.12.3_1             KDE professional quality non-linear video editing suite
userx@FreeBeSD:~$ sudo pkg search lives
lives-3.2.0_15                 Video editing system
and was surprised when I changed it to freeBSD earch

drhowarddrfine & userxbw these homework are meant to be made with the parents or by the parents.

I decided to do some edting and I like Shocut for these basic tasks but I could just had shared a video made with my mobile without any further editing.

drhowarddrfine & userxbw these homework are meant to be made with the parents or by the parents.

I decided to do some edting and I like Shocut for these basic tasks but I could just had shared a video made with my mobile without any further editing.
well you're going to be the first kid to be getting a Great BIG F in kindergarten for not finishing your homework. :lol:

userxbw

I don't understand what you are saying... 🤨

I rebooted into Linux, made the editing with Shotcut, send the video to the teacher, and last I opened this thread... 🤔

Back