Solved Is my HDD just going to die?

G

giahung1997

Sorry, I don't understand these values. It said pre-failure, caused me to worry :(

BxyxYLE.png

Hardware ECC recovered is extremely high, 93 reallocated sectors also indicates surface issues. I have had drives with SMART data like that exchanged by WD under warranty. I would suggest a SMART long self-test to see how bad the situation is.

In any case, I would make a backup before further testing and consider the drive as less than trustworthy.

Hardware ECC recovered is extremely high, 93 reallocated sectors also indicates surface issues. I have had drives with SMART data like that exchanged by WD under warranty. I would suggest a SMART long self-test to see how bad the situation is.

In any case, I would make a backup before further testing and consider the drive as less than trustworthy.
It's weired, after an extended test it said there is no errors at all.

No, that is not really weird. It simply tells you that all of the currently bad sectors have already been reallocated. If you want to continue using the drive, watch changes to SMART properties 197, 198, 183 and 1872 as well as increases in the reallocated sectors. Frankly, I would replace the drive

Back