Is it possible to use touch screen for note taking? silly question

Hi,

I have been very impressed by the ads of some note taking tablets like Remarkable that promise the feel of paper, I am thinking of getting one of these note taking tablets.

However, I was wondering if there are any packages/ways to utililize your existing touchscreen system to become a note taking system? Something like using a pen to simply scribble on the touch screen and it writes those things.

Does FreeBSD have any such apps to transform it into a note taking with a pen? Or am I expecting too much?

Would be great if I could get my existing touch screen system to work instead of investing in new hardware.

Try wmt(4) , hmt(4) , x11-drivers/xf86-input-evdev

Try wmt(4) , hmt(4) , x11-drivers/xf86-input-evdev

thanks - those seem to be how to interface tablets with freebsd or get it to work, right?

I already have the touch screen working - I'm just wondering if it's ok to use the laptop screen directly for some kind of note taking? Do such packages exist that help you convert a normal touch screen laptop into a note taking device of sorts?

I already have the touch screen working
I missed that part, sorry.

Do such packages exist that help you convert a normal touch screen laptop into a note taking device of sorts?
A quick search returns graphics/xournal.

It claims:
Xournal is an application for notetaking, sketching, keeping a journal using a stylus.

Maybe.
textproc/jarnal

Not much to find in ports (case insensitive ) searching for "touchscreen" "touch screen" "stylus".

Back