Is it possible cinelerra port to FreeBSD?

gour said:
Thanks, but I was thinking more about Cinelerra-specific instructions considering that it's not possible to build it statically and application needs lot of libs. :\

There are two versions of cinelerra: the heroin version and the community version. You can build them on linux and copy them to FreeBSD. Forget building a static version. You will have to change a lot and soon run into trouble. Cinelerra needs many dependencies and you will run into trouble when building the plugins. It is tried before.
I run cinelerra now for six years under linux emulation on FreeBSD. The way I do it is build cinelerra on a good old Fedora Core 3 system and install it in a directory, where I install most of the needed libraries. De directory is in /opt/directory
Than I copy the directory to FreeBSD on the same position. After that I start cinelerra with a script. I have FreeBSD 8.1 and that version use the FC10 emulation. But, my build on FC10 did not want to run in FreeBSD. It shows the same errors as the port mentioned here before.
So, I use my old FC3 emulation directory wich I use for six years now. I do have to set some sysctl variables to use a 2.4 kernel emulation to make it work. I have two emulation directories. One contains de FC10 libraries and the other one the FC3 libraries. With a script I can choose the FC3 when I want to use cinelerra. After using that I choose FC10 to put the kernel emulation back to 2.6 (sysctl compat.linux.osrelease=2.6.16). I use the latest community version and it works okee.

The way I do it is build cinelerra on a good old Fedora Core 3 system and install it in a directory, where I install most of the needed libraries. De directory is in /opt/directory
Than I copy the directory to FreeBSD on the same position. After that I start cinelerra with a script. I have FreeBSD 8.1 and that version use the FC10 emulation. But, my build on FC10 did not want to run in FreeBSD. It shows the same errors as the port mentioned here before.

Hmm...this is really interesting.

I do have to set some sysctl variables to use a 2.4 kernel emulation to make it work. I have two emulation directories. One contains de FC10 libraries and the other one the FC3 libraries. With a script I can choose the FC3 when I want to use cinelerra. After using that I choose FC10 to put the kernel emulation back to 2.6 (sysctl compat.linux.osrelease=2.6.16). I use the latest community version and it works okee.

So, Cinelerra cannot work with 2.6 emulation?

In any case, thank you very much for informative post...I'll try and report back ;)

Back