Is it possible cinelerra port to FreeBSD?

Hi friends! I'm use FreeBSD for various ways, and one of them audio&video edition. As i see, program CINELERRA is'nt in ports. I want to try port it to FreeBSD. I'm read manual for buildind ports for FreeBSD, but i'm don't know from what to start. So i have following questions:

1. Is cinelerra possible to port to FreeBSD?
2. Maybe someone can help me (just talk me from what start, and answer to my questions which whill appear in that process).

I can write shell scripts, and understand its. When i undestand how to build ports, i guess that i will useful port tree contributor :)

im sure porting it is possible, though im not exactly a great programmer so i dont know how difficult it would be.
you could try getting a binary of it and running it under the linuxulator.

I tried years ago. Got it compiling and running, but there was some problem with the threading model that caused it to lock up. Couldn't get help from any of the lists at the time, and my C skills were pretty green back then. I've kinda been hoping the Lumiera project would have something usable soon, but it's been over a year and no releases yet.

Looks like a good time to create a Lumiera port because they released on 10th January and are asking for interested BSD people to do some testing.

Everyone who is relevant theme porting cinelerra to FreeBSD - contact me - we will combine their efforts.
I have difficulty with English :( , if you know the Russian language will not be bad.

Thanks!

How's the status of the cinelerra port? I think you already had an FreeBSD committer to work with you on getting it ready to commit. Is that still true?

decke said:
How's the status of the cinelerra port? I think you already had an FreeBSD committer to work with you on getting it ready to commit. Is that still true?

Port cinelerra actually ready, but the program does not work.
There are problems with multi-threaded, displayed a message: "Mutex:: unlock: Unknown error: 0" if the switch to time line to another point.
So I stopped in front of this issue ...
Probably affects specificity of multi-threading in Linux, FreeBSD's functions were not doing properly ...
I do not know - whether you want to completely rewrite the code that apply to multi-threading or is all the same problems on FreeBSD with this?

aragon said:
It sounds like you've gotten as far as I got when I tried a year ago. Threading model causes the app to freeze.

Have you considered trying Lumiera?

What are the advantages Lumiera compared with cinelerra or kdenlive?

fidaj said:
There are problems with multi-threaded, displayed a message: "Mutex:: unlock: Unknown error: 0" if the switch to time line to another point.

Is the port available somewhere so that more people can have a look at it?

fidaj said:
So I stopped in front of this issue ...

Are you still interested in the cinelerra port? If so then please send me your port so that I can review and fix it to get it ready for the ports tree. I hope it's not necessary to do the same work again and create another cinelerra port with all patches from scratch just because you're not able to send the port.

I'm a ports committer so I'm really interested to get that port available for everyone. If you have any concerns or questions you can mail me at decke@FreeBSD.org

decke said:
Are you still interested in the cinelerra port? If so then please send me your port so that I can review and fix it to get it ready for the ports tree. I hope it's not necessary to do the same work again and create another cinelerra port with all patches from scratch just because you're not able to send the port.

What is the prospect of seeing Cinelerra in FreeBSD?

I seriously consider to switch from Linux, but video-editing is one area not covered by FreeBSD, iow. neither Cinelerra port (which we mostly use) nor port of OpenShot (1.3 is bringing some nice features)... :\

gour said:
I seriously consider to switch from Linux, but video-editing is one area not covered by FreeBSD, iow. neither Cinelerra port (which we mostly use) nor port of OpenShot (1.3 is bringing some nice features)... :\

I've contacted fidaj and he gave me the current port. Thanks again! It's not finished yet but it's publicly available now and he will continue to work on it and I will help a bit to get it in shape.

http://svn.bluelife.at/index.cgi/blueports/browse/multimedia/cinelerra-devel

Chuchubi said:
Cinelerra works fine under linux emulation.

Can you provide some more info (I'm new with BSD), how to build and install Linux application to be executed under Linux emulation?

Back