Is it me or...

Is it me, or is typing in the forum r e a l l y s l o w ?

Like JavaScript processing for every single character I type is really lagging the f- out of browsers...

It's nice, but it's f-in slow as f-...

That's probably a local issue. There's no javascript involved when you type something.

This is probably a local issue. I have no trouble typing to the forum. The forum does require javascript, if I use scriptblock, then I'm unable to do various things. I don't think typing is one of them, but certain other functions won't work.

I don't know... All I know is that typing lags, and this is the only site where typing lags...

I don't know if you'll be able to see what I'm typing or the lag I'm talking about, but I can definitely see it, and feel it from this end... Hopefully you'll be able to see... There's a definitive lag between keypresses and the text appearing on the screen... This should be enough for an example...

It's difficult to see but the editor doesn't look like the standard reply box. Did you install some addon that screws around with text input boxes?

Edit: Apparently you enabled the "rich text" editor option. But still, even if I enable that it's just as fast as the 'normal' edit box. There's no delay.

It's difficult to see but the editor doesn't look like the standard reply box. Did you install some addon that screws around with text input boxes?

Edit: Apparently you enabled the "rich text" editor option. But still, even if I enable that it's just as fast as the 'normal' edit box. There's no delay.

Well you can kinda see it around the minute mark when i press the backspace key a bunch of times... there's a definite bottleneck somewhere...

how do you disable the RTF editor? maybe ill try without, see what happens...

how do you disable the RTF editor? maybe ill try without, see what happens...
In your profile preferences is the option "Use the rich text editor to create and edit messages", remove the check mark and you get a 'basic' editor screen.

Back