Is it a bug of 10.2-RELEASE?

Hi,

I just upgraded from 10.1-RELEASE to 10.2-RELEASE. everything is fine but powerd(8) can not be started. The following message is displayed:

Code:
powerd: no cpufreq(4) support -- aborting: No such file or directory

But it works fine in FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE. Is it a bug of FreeBSD 10.2-RELEASE? The attachment is the boot message of my computer, HP Microserver gen 8.

Attachments

• dmesg.txt
    13.4 KB · Views: 422
I just upgraded from 10.1-RELEASE to 10.2-RELEASE. everything is fine but powerd(8) can not be started. The following message is displayed:

Code:
powerd: no cpufreq(4) support -- aborting: No such file or directory

But it works fine in FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE. Is it a bug of FreeBSD 10.2-RELEASE? The attachment is the boot message of my computer, HP Microserver gen 8.

Just encountered the same problem. Apparently support for ACPI CPU throttling and Intel p4tcc has recently been disabled by default.
To re-enable support for these, check your /boot/device.hints for the following lines and set one or both to "0", then reboot.
Code:
hint.acpi_throttle.0.disabled="1"
hint.p4tcc.0.disabled="1"

First, try setting cx values:
/etc/rc.conf
Code:
performance_cx_lowest="Cmax"
economy_cx_lowest="Cmax"

If that is not enough, both of the hint settings can be made in /boot/loader.conf. Probably best to change them there, if necessary, because that is where they would be expected first.

Back