Is hibernation(suspend to disk) generally supported?

I'd like to use FreeBSD for my laptop for a desktop use.
My laptop battery is not really in good condition so I might need that hibernation function quite often, so I am curious about how it is functioning with FreeBSD or not.
Is it generally working good?
My laptop is HP 2100b model, quiet old one.
I tried google up with many key words but I couldn't find any related documents about it so I am positing here. ;)

Oh that is too said. It would be so good if suspend to disk was supported, but thank you for your reply though. :)

Some laptops (like my Lenovo X230) support Intel Rapid Start; a partition with the same size as memory and the correct partition type GUID needs to be set up, but then the bios takes care of a timeout-based (immediate..4 hours) transfer from sleep (in RAM) to hibernate (on disk) without any OS intervention. I can attest to this working without issues (in my experience) with FreeBSD.

Some laptops (like my Lenovo X230) support Intel Rapid Start; a partition with the same size as memory and the correct partition type GUID needs to be set up, but then the bios takes care of a timeout-based (immediate..4 hours) transfer from sleep (in RAM) to hibernate (on disk) without any OS intervention. I can attest to this working without issues (in my experience) with FreeBSD.

Oh I've never thought about such Intel Rapid Start. I guess that could be a decent workaround for me for now. Thank you. :)

Back