jails iocage corrupts jails every few boots

I have a server on which I run my jails, I have about half a dozen permanent "inmates" including my ansible server, primary DNS, etc. I try to keep my systems patched, including reboots when necessary. I have found that every 3-6 reboots, when the system comes back up, all of my jails end up with missing configurations. I see the following messages on boot:
Code:
2024/01/01 17:50:36 (ERROR) chekov is missing it's configuration, please destroy this jail and recreate it.
2024/01/01 17:52:05 (ERROR) chekov is missing it's configuration, please destroy this jail and recreate it.
2024/01/01 17:52:05 (ERROR) sisko is missing it's configuration, please destroy this jail and recreate it.
2024/01/01 17:52:05 (ERROR) palmer is missing it's configuration, please destroy this jail and recreate it.
2024/01/01 17:52:05 (ERROR) rand is missing it's configuration, please destroy this jail and recreate it.
2024/01/01 17:52:06 (ERROR) obrien is missing it's configuration, please destroy this jail and recreate it.
2024/01/01 17:52:06 (ERROR) worf is missing it's configuration, please destroy this jail and recreate it.

and when I log in and do an iocage list, I get
Code:
+-----+--------+---------+---------+-----+
| JID |  NAME  |  STATE  | RELEASE | IP4 |
+=====+========+=========+=========+=====+
| -   | chekov | CORRUPT | N/A     | N/A |
| -   | obrien | CORRUPT | N/A     | N/A |
| -   | palmer | CORRUPT | N/A     | N/A |
| -   | rand   | CORRUPT | N/A     | N/A |
| -   | sisko  | CORRUPT | N/A     | N/A |
| -   | worf   | CORRUPT | N/A     | N/A |

I end up doing an iocage destroy -f on each jail, then an iocage import, and an iocage start to recover things...But this is a regular occurrence. It has gotten even more obmuxious today, as I have had multiple reboots, upgrading and replacing drive in my ZFS pool. So the first two reboots went fine, and the jails came back up, but the third one it did not. And I have not gotten to the pool on which the jails live.

So my questions are...Is this known behavior with iocage? Should I just rip off the band-aid and install something like BastilleBSD (or one of the others)? My preference is whole-machine jails, not app jails, which kind of smacks of docker on linux, so from my (very) limited research, it appears Bastille is more along the lines of what I am looking for. Am I wrong in this conclusion?

Thanks,
--vr

Back