IPFW Internal network does not ping external network

Good Morning. I configured an internet server with ipfw and squid. Users authenticate in AD. It has both an internal and an external network interface. This server was set up 2 years ago and was working fine. This week he stopped (apparently due to problems on one of the network cards). I replaced the card and the internet was up and running again. However, the internal network can not ping the internet. I have already released icmp up with the "allow icmp from any to any" rule. The server can. Another thing that happened was that Outlook also stopped sending and receiving emails. I just changed the interface name in the firewall rules (/etc/firewall) and in the network configuration (/etc/rc.conf).

Could it be hardware problem yet? Is there any other file I need to change?

I have not set any settings here since I am not having access to the server now.

Thank you

Verify if your NAT settings are still correct. That would be my first guess. If the interface was replaced with a different brand it probably got a different interface name. Your NAT rules may still be referring to the old interface. The server itself doesn't need those NAT rules, so that part would still work.

Easy enough to verify, just run tcpdump(1) on the external interface and look at the source addresses of the packets.

Thank you brother. I'll try it later. Just one more thing. I do not quite understand firewall rules. How would the rules work to send and receive email from Outlook?
Thank you very much

Back