intel 3945ABG -- kernel believes wifi killswitch is off when it is actually on

Hey, all. I've got an HP pavilion dv2000 series laptop with an integrated Intel 3945abg wifi card in it which is currently not working. I just swapped out the hdd I had been using with Linux on it for a different one with FreeBSD installed. This was last used about four months ago, and was working perfectly. However, now when I turn the computer on, it reports that my "radio transmitter is switched off". This is fairly simple to disprove as the switch is ON. When I attempt to toggle the switch, theres no new system message reporting this; maybe there isn't supposed to be, but regardless, wifi is still behaving as if the killswitch is off. I.e., not working.

I did check to see if the switch went bad, but when i swap the hard drive back out for a different one, it works just fine, under Linux or Windows. I've spent a fair bit of time searching for answers in these forums and on Google, and can only find a few things that I don't feel apply.

This is an extremely esoteric problem, but if anyone has _any_ idea of what I could do to get it working, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, I'm unsure what would need to be seen diagnostics-wise, so let me know what you want to look at and ill attach it.

Back