installing zoneminder replaces php80 with php81

I installed zoneminder a few days ago and everything was fine, until I ran pkg upgrade. It installed php81 and removed php80

The problem is that the version available in pkg is not compatible with php81.

And it doesn't seem to have a dependency to php81. Why is pkg insisting in installing php81? How can I force it to just install zoneminder and use the php80 already installed in the system?

Trying to pkg-lock php80 just prevents the installation of php81, and pkg will fail dependencies, and refuse to install zoneminder.

About a week ago a new quarterly branch repository was made. The previous default PHP was 8.0, this has been changed to 8.1. A few days ago the repositories hadn't been updated yet, thus it installed PHP 8.0. Now that the repositories have caught up you are getting the new 2023Q1 packages.

And it doesn't seem to have a dependency to php81.
It has a dependency on PHP:
Code:
USES=		cmake:insource,noninja cpe jpeg mysql perl5 php shebangfix ssl
Which means it'll have a dependency on whatever version of PHP is set as default.

Yeah, I think that the port maintainer needs to restrict the supported PHP version as the current version of zoneminder port does not play well with PHP 8.1.
The web interface is garbled with numerous warning about deprecated functions, etc.

Another possible, local solution is to copy /usr/local/etc/php.ini-production to /usr/local/etc/php.ini or otherwise change PHP configuration so that it has
Code:
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT

Yeah, I think that the port maintainer needs to restrict the supported PHP version as the current version of zoneminder port does not play well with PHP 8.1.
Would be nice if it also supported flavors, so you can install zoneminder-php80 for example.

It's of course up to the Zoneminder developers to make sure it supports PHP 8.1 before 8.0 ends. That's not the port maintainer's job.

It's of course up to the Zoneminder developers to make sure it supports PHP 8.1 before 8.0 ends. That's not the port maintainer's job.
They may have. Latest upstream release is 1.36.31 while the port version is 1.36.12. I read that version 1.36.18 was supposed to bring in PHP 8.1 compatibility.

Back