Installing Adobe Flash on FreeBSD 10.1

Dears,

I was just following the instructions for installing Adobe Flash on my machine. It seems that I have to install the nspluginwrapper package, but as I see this package depends on linux_base-f10, but right now I have linux_base-c6-6.6, so is there any workaround to install required packages for Flash?

Thanks.

The port www/nspluginwrapper requires Linux, no matter which one. Binary packages really shouldn't be built against -f10 any more, but if they still are you can either build them yourself from ports or wait until the packages get updated.

Binary packages are built with the defaults. Right now, that is the Fedora 10 Linux base ports. Soon, it will change to the much newer CentOS 6 Linux base ports. Install the Flash player from ports to get it now.

Binary packages are built with the defaults. Right now, that is the Fedora 10 Linux base ports. Soon, it will change to the much newer Centos 6 Linux base ports.
It has just been announced that CentOS 6 is now the default. So the next time the packages are rebuilt, they should be built against -c6.

Back