Install Linux program on FreeBSD

Hello,

I want to install g09 (Gaussian 09 under Linux) on FreeBSD 9. FreeBSD 32-bit and that program's also 32-bit. I know I must use the port to do that. But I can't. I attach a pic and error.

ga09 platform: http://www.gaussian.com/g09_plat.htm

y6f4.jpg

Have you checked to see if the program builds on FreeBSD without using the linux layer? You would also need to install a linux base system before anything else. I think the current favored base system is fedora 10.

farboody12 said:
first i must install Linux_base-f10
and load that
and use port to run g09 , but when i want to install that i have error.

I install FreeBSD on vmware and ISO volume is 2 G DVD and I install all ports and when I load that port I have this error.
Code:
cd /usr/ports/emulators/Linux_base-f10
make install clean

error :could not fetch it

Well, you also have a Segmentation Violation reported, which means the program tried to access a memory segment it didn't have permision to. This can usually be due to a pointer not initialized correctly (might be because of the earlier message about not being able to load the .com file), or it could also mean that the shared libraries versions it is using are not correct.

I found this wiki entry that seems similar to your error:

Code:
gaussian
cp: cannot create regular file `./h2o.com': Permission denied
Unable to open input file "h2o.com".
/var/spool/PBS/mom_priv/jobs/163242.pbs.local.SC: line 30:  5889 Segmentation fault      g03 $INPUT
cp: cannot stat `h2o.log': No such file or directory

this is a possible indication that you have invalid permissions to a directory or file. In the case where this particular error was generated, the directory that was being referenced in $GAUSS_SRCDIR was not owned by the user, and therefore the files could not be created.

Back