install lib32 via shell

hi,

is it possible to install the lib32 (sysinstall, configure, distributions, lib32) via command line (putty) or via a shell?
i won´t add it via sysinstall, i need it in shell.

Hi,

I want to set it like the sysinstall into /usr/lib32 so i must set the DESTDIR environment variable only to " / " or " /usr/lib32 "?
So i only have to fetch alle file from there, set the variable and run install.sh?

Hi,

ok thx so i have only to fetch these files and run install.sh ok perfect!!
but thats all? i dont have to do any changes in the kernel?

Wolfi83 said:
Hi,

ok thx so i have only to fetch these files and run install.sh ok perfect!!
but thats all? i dont have to do any changes in the kernel?

lol. no, unless you use custom kernel.
Make sure you have
Code:
options 	COMPAT_FREEBSD32	# Compatible with i386 binaries
in your kernel.

If you use GENERIC kernel, it's all good

I use the unmodified generic kernel but i can´t find this options COMPAT_FREEBSD32 there, so i have to add or all is ok without this option in generic kernel?

graudeejs said:
Are you use you use amd64?
$ uname -m

COMPAT_FREEBSD32 is in GENERIC (on amd64), I double checked

Hehe, sure!

Code:
host# uname -m
amd64

Code:
host# uname -a
FreeBSD host.********* 8.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE #0: Thu Feb 17 02:41:51 UTC 2011     
root@mason.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

I checked in /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC and dont found the command, so wheres the error??

Oh man i was so familiar with i386 and changed to amd64 ... -.- sorry my mistake lol
so that was all i'll test it later, if i get erros ill post so just thank you dude!! =)

hi,

i got a problem while fetching:

Code:
host# fetch ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/8.2-RELEASE/lib32/*
fetch: No match.
host# fetch ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/8.2-RELEASE/lib32/
fetch: ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/8.2-RELEASE/lib32/: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)

I try to ping ftp.freebsd.org and it worked, whats the problem?

It doesn't work that way, perhaps wget can do that, but you can
Code:
# echo CHECKSUM.SHA256 CHECKSUM.MD5 install.sh lib32.a{a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m} lib32.inf lib32.mtree | xargs -n 1 -I%s fetch ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/8.2-RELEASE/lib32/%s

Back