I'm going to prepare my next project : the installation of FreeBSD on the Rockchip RK3399 4GB

Its hard for me to understand into which connector I should connect the fan that you see on post #19. I've attached the "RK3399 POWER DIAGRAM". It sounds complicated for me. Can you give a look at it and tell me if the good connector is the first or the third one on the left low corner of the picture at post #19.

Attachments

• rockpro64_v20-SCH.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
According to this schematics you shall find two connector sockets on your board named 'CON1', and 'CON2'
(As I said, looking at the pic of your board is as if I don't wear glasses - except this time it's no help if I put them on. 😅 )
You can use one of those.

I didn't studied it in the last detail, but it seems to me there already is some powermanagement on the board, which will control the fan without you need to bother anymore.

However,
since the heat sink seems to be for without a fan why not try it first with the heat sink only?

Attachments

• Unbenannt.png
    Unbenannt.png
    163.9 KB · Views: 11
Bro,how many languages do you speak ? I can see at least 3
Il mio italiano è multo rudimentale, ma grazie.

1) No.
2) No.
3) Yeah, I also think to get me one of those Pine boards, maybe even the Pine pro 'laptop', cause that's what I'm trying to build on my own; but getting one of those for <300€ (bean counters: I calculated with shipping and customs) make no sense for me to tinker with an Raspberry Zero, keyboard, monitor, wires, and tape... 🤪
Those Pines also look more professional to me as those 'Raspberry toys'... 😇
BUT THIS SHIT IS ALWAYS EVERYWHERE OUT OF STOCK!! FÄCKÄNDRÄGG! :rude:
(sorry)

However,
You misunderstood me:
You either place the heat sink ('cooler block') only on the processor,
or the heat sink and the fan together.
Never the fan only without a heat sink.

A fan is just an addition for the heat sink to work better.
Without a heat sink the fan will not have much effect (And you cannot properly mount it either, because it's not ment to.)

The thermal paste belongs between heat sink and processor,
never under the fan - you only waste paste, and smear the fan 😁

Back