Perhaps could someone download and try to compile the following:

I get errors like

Code:
In file included from events.c:132:
/usr/include/sys/file.h:221:2: error: unknown type name 'u_int'
        u_int   xf_flag;        /* flags (see fcntl.h) */
events.c:3960:31: error: use of undeclared identifier 'SIGIO'
        (void) sigaddset(&a.sa_mask, SIGPOLL);

And I am not so sure if the problem lies in the software or in the conditional includes of FreeBSD header files.

(To moderator: please move to porting software, perhaps that is a better place)

/usr/include/sys/file.h should include sys/types.h, that is why I suspect the problem is the conditional include and not the software.

Yes, on top of event.c (and not elsewhere) it compiles. Is that not again an indicator of the above.

Also texlive can be compiled, but it is a question about building, not about installing ports.

Perhaps you can try building the port itself, maybe there are ready-made patches; cd /usr/ports/print/tex-xdvik, make config then make.

The way you said works, but I have no explanation why exactly file.h ignores the include of types.h.

Sometimes it is because of -std=xxx or -ansi switch to C compiler, or whether _XOPEN_SOURCE, _POSIX_C_SOURCE and/or _BSD_SOURCE are defined. Or maybe configure is doing something funny; one reason or another, I never started using it, or read much about it.

Or maybe configure is doing something funny; one reason or another, I never started using it, or read much about it.

How do you build packages without configure, those that normally use configure? Does not this mean a knowledge of configure?

Back