Solved Ideal way for winXP and BSD to share a partition?

With Fat32, if you need to move files that hit the 4gig limit, then perhaps consider splitting them up via 7z, tar, etc. Hopefully the kind of data you are intending to share allows for that.

My personal favorite though is just putty's scp (or WinSCP) to push and pull files from good ol' SSH server running on FreeBSD. This should be fine if on an isolated network (or just a direct crossover cable between the two machines).

Then I guess talking about "quality" of tv-out was sarcasm as well? 😏

But seriously, you did notice that was the less serious part of my answer, right? ;) Although I didn't expect the PC(!) to be the problem here. I thought my ~15 years old desktop machine was ancient, and it has hdmi 😳 (and I understand on newer machines you can use DP instead...)

Anyways, for the old windows games, try wine. That one was serious ;)

But seriously, you did notice that was the less serious part of my answer, right?
Of course. That's why my reply was also not serious. Sorry if I ignored the serious part, it's just that I already know about wine and I use it often. But for some things, sadly, it just can't beat the real thing. Even if the real thing is an ancient OS made by a company you're not really a fan of.

Then I guess talking about "quality" of tv-out was sarcasm as well? 😏
You can mock tv-out all you want. But try watching any cartoon or TV show made from ~1920-2005 upscaled to "HD" in your HDMI setup and it'll never look as good as it does on mine 😏

dieselriot On an different slant, you could run windows within bhyve.
I've always wanted to try that, more out of curiosity than anything else, especially after seeing that one thread about gpu passthrough.

Back