I'd like to buy a FreeBSD shirt. Where?

I like to wear my enthusiasm on my sleeve (and torso).

The NetBSD and OpenBSD websites have links to places you can buy shirts, and in doing so support the project. But I couldn't find one on either freebsd.org or freebsdfoundation.org. Did I miss a page?

I realize one could just give money to the foundation to support FreeBSD, but since I have to wear some kind of shirt...

There are various places one can google up that are selling FreeBSD gear, but I suspect their profits don't go to the foundation.

Is there any place to buy "official" FreeBSD wear (in the "profits go to the foundation" sense)?

It's a very unprofessional place ‒ FreeBSD Mall. 3 weeks ago I've ordered some stuff from them, on Jan 4 they sent an email confirming my order with their (not postal) tracking number. I never received it. Yesterday emailed them, today they replied, that my credit card was declined, and suggested to place another order, which is not possible since they don't have my sizes anymore. And you know why it was declined? They treated my AMEX as VISA.

Of course, they deserve respect, no doubts, but at the moment they do not have enough options people can chose from, also very limited in available sizes...
Maybe such kind of business is not profitable anymore?

Eventually I've ordered a hoodie from http://www.vistaprint.com, they don't have a minimum limit like others. I've uploaded the logo, can share the file if somebody likes.
hoodie.png

hoodie.png

Last edited:
Their hoodies prices start from $50, but there are discounts for new customers, I paid $45 (including shipping).
There is an active promo code FIRSTORDER.
saymond , if you like I can share the logo file, I've adjusted it for their multicolor requirements (otherwise they drop/alter colors).

This website isn't working anymore. Anyone know of a place to get FreeBSD labelled products that actually go to fund the FreeBSD Foundation?

This website isn't working anymore. Anyone know of a place to get FreeBSD labelled products that actually go to fund the FreeBSD Foundation?
Well, a quick Froogle search showed that there's a few new vendors selling FreeBSD swag on their own web sites. No idea if they pay the FreeBSD Foundation for licensing or not... I suspect not, but I have no idea how to verify that.

I remember there was a site (etsy.com) for small-time vendors doing test runs or limited-edition stuff, and ppl sell stuff on ebay, but YMMV, so buyer beware. At least we can all get back together on these Forums and complain if things don't work out ;)

Right... for me, it's $650 to just fly from West Coast to Ottawa... to get a $20 T-shirt? Or do they give out swag if one registers to participate remotely?

Right... for me, it's $650 to just fly from West Coast to Ottawa... to get a $20 T-shirt? Or do they give out swag if one registers to participate remotely?

Hah, you should see what parking costs there. Anyway, I was joking. But I'll ask the foundation folks when I'm there. My cat just broke my second favorite cup, so I need a new one.

Well, I would certainly like to know if an official store can be confirmed. I'm sure BSDCan is going to be epic. I was happy to hear they are going to focus on collaborating driver efforts across the BSDs. I would like to see some of the advancements with SDIO on FreeBSD. Apparently OpenBSD has support for SDIO on some devices. But, back on topic, a swag official that's confirmed would be great.

Back