i have sound but don't "autostart" (alc888)(snd_hda)

I just installed freebsd 8.0 current (amd64) and I have a small problem with the sound drivers.
I normally configure simple every time you do a installation on any pc, but this I'm a bit lost because it has multiple audio outputs.
It has:
7 output + 1 microphone input (in the back)
1 output + 1 input (in the front)
1 output digital audio and 1 input digital audio (in the back)

I used the following method and I worked always perfect.
I always do the following:
as root:
Code:
kldload snd_driver
to install all drivers (and sound works) then look for the type of driver to start automatically:
Code:
cat /dev/sndstat
and me has resulted in the specification. in the line that says (the following is an example):
Code:
io 0x2040 pcm0:at irq 16kld snd_[B]es137x[/B] [MPSAFE] (2p:1v/1r:1v default duplex channels)
then took as a reference es137x (this is the driver) and to start only, I'm going to the /etc/rc.conf and register:
Code:
snd_es137x_load="YES"
and each time you start the system, sound drivers loaded automatically and perfectly.

but the problem is that I'm a motherboard that I cannot do boot automatically sound.
It has the specification that write up and gives me the following output when i make cat /dev/sndstat

Code:
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm: 64bit 2009061500/amd64)
Installed devices:
pcm0: <HDA Realtek ALC888 PCM #0 Analog> at cad 0 nid 1 on hdac0 kld snd_hda [MPSAFE] (1p:1v/1r:1v channels duplex default)
pcm1: <HDA Realtek ALC888 PCM #1 Digital> at cad 0 nid 1 on hdac0 kld snd_hda [MPSAFE] (1p:1v/1r:1v channels duplex)

that I can't do to make boot automatically, because I put:
Code:
snd_hda_load="YES"
in the rc.conf and no never alone boots.
(but if i put kldload snd_driver the sound run, but to the next shutdown/reboot)

can I do to have detect all inputs and outputs audio?

from already thank you.

PS:
  1. Abit Motherboard ix38quad gt. (i love this motherboar ajaja :r ) LINK for more info/spect of hardware.
  2. sound acl888 chipset
  3. in bios setup i can choose AC97 or HD Audio (regardless of what you choose, gives the same result. now I have chosen "HD audio" because you hear much better (not causes interference)
  4. Sorry for my English, it's so bad :(

killasmurf86 said:
snd_es137x_load="YES" should go to /boot/loader.conf, not /etc/rc.conf

thanks but when i put snd_es137x_load="YES" in /etc/rc.conf and work perfect (in the other machine)

my problem it´s with the Abit Motherboar (link) and say me this with a "cat /dev/sndstat"

Code:
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm: 64bit 2009061500/amd64)
Installed devices:
pcm0: <HDA Realtek ALC888 PCM #0 Analog> at cad 0 nid 1 on hdac0 kld snd_hda [MPSAFE] (1p:1v/1r:1v channels duplex default)
pcm1: <HDA Realtek ALC888 PCM #1 Digital> at cad 0 nid 1 on hdac0 kld snd_hda [MPSAFE] (1p:1v/1r:1v channels duplex)

with that i don´t have "autorun" sound drivers.
i put snd_hda_load="YES" (in the /etc/rc.conf) and don´t work

Modules to load at boot time go into /boot/loader.conf. Period. That's how the system works. You don't put module loading lines into /etc/rc.conf. Period.

Put that line into loader.conf and things will start to work correctly.

phoenix said:
Modules to load at boot time go into /boot/loader.conf. Period. That's how the system works. You don't put module loading lines into /etc/rc.conf. Period.

Ok thanks. i don´t have idea of that. Thanks so much

phoenix said:
Put that line into loader.conf and things will start to work correctly.

but... what i put there?
snd_es137x_load="YES" don´t work because is for other sound card.
and snd_hda_load="YES" don´t work to.

what snd_XXXXXX_load="YES" i must put to active all audio port?

If snd_hda_load="YES" in /boot/loader.conf doesn't do it, then you use snd_driver_load="YES". That will load every single sound driver at boot.

Can you post the output of # pciconf -vl after loading snd_driver? At least the part about the sound chipset.

As you can read in the man page snd_hda is the right driver.
I got similar (unfixed until now) issue with different hardware.
Look here for reference.

Regards

hi again.
first:

i put snd_driver_load="YES" in /root/loader.conf
and the bootmanager it's eternal.
from 2 seconds (aprox.) go to 30 seconds (and more)
load and load and load all drivers.
that do, when i start session un KDE4 have sound but the sound is between cut some times
second:
when i start the pc and load KDM (with out the line in the /root/loader.conf)
i do Crtl + Alt + F2 and login as root, put kldload snd_driver (load in 1 o 2 seconds) and returm to KDM with a Crtl + Alt + F9
I start session (log me in) and have sound, but with this warning of KDE4

23h3z88.jpg

if i press "NO" i have a lot (but not all) the ports of sound card ready to use (with excelent sound, more better than Windows with the correct and update divers)

for phoenix:
I put this as root (with kldload snd_driver load like the step 2 /second/ i say some line up) and say:
LINK TO CODE(it's to long for paste here)

for trebestie:
thanks, i am reading now (and doing).

I don't know if /root/loader.conf is just a simple typo, but make sure you use /boot/loader.conf.

Problema Resuelto

sorry for the delay.
it's my error sr. Sorry :r
i put in /root/loader.conf.
now, i put
Code:
snd_hda_load="YES"
in /boot/loader.conf.
and work.

SOLVE.
THANKSSS!!!

Back