I can't run windows applications with wine(64bit)

I lost track of the big picture a year ago. Was it ever possible/intended to have an installation that will run both 32- and 64-bit binaries?

I lost track of the big picture a year ago. Was it ever possible/intended to have an installation that will run both 32- and 64-bit binaries?

+1

With most Windows-software still being a complete sh*t-show of cobbled together 32/64-bit binaries/libraries, being restricted to one architecture with wine sadly is still often a show-stopper...
A lot of "64bit Software" I've tried to install via wine64 actually ships with a 32bit installer binary or some kind of 'launcher' that is actually a 32bit binary (e.g. Fusion360 is exceptionally ugly in that regard...). Luckily I don't have an urgent need to run any Windows-only software, but sometimes it would be nice to have a "unified" wine32/64 Variant that 'just runs everything'™

+1

With most Windows-software still being a complete sh*t-show of cobbled together 32/64-bit binaries/libraries, being restricted to one architecture with wine sadly is still often a show-stopper...
A lot of "64bit Software" I've tried to install via wine64 actually ships with a 32bit installer binary or some kind of 'launcher' that is actually a 32bit binary (e.g. Fusion360 is exceptionally ugly in that regard...). Luckily I don't have an urgent need to run any Windows-only software, but sometimes it would be nice to have a "unified" wine32/64 Variant that 'just runs everything'™
This has already been discussed for several times and revised in various ways, the major issue is: the ports system can't do multilib (despite the system being able to run 32bit binaries, but this is another subject), so to have wine with wow64, we'll need a contraption.

Back