How to use plasma 5 on wayland?

How to install plasma 5 on wayland?

black screen when changed plasma 5 on wayland ...

My DM is sddm on FreeBSD 12.0-CURRENT 20180828.

Keep in mind that 12-CURRENT is a developer snapshot, not intended for production use and therefor also not really supported on these forums. See also this link: Topics about unsupported FreeBSD versions

I'm not one to throw rules around but the problem with CURRENT is that there's no guarantee that things will actually work.

Anyway, the main way to install 3rd party software on CURRENT is through the ports collection. So building the whole thing yourself. I'm assuming that with 'Plasma' you refer to kde5? In that case you should try building x11/kde5.

Keep in mind that 12-CURRENT is a developer snapshot, not intended for production use and therefor also not really supported on these forums. See also this link: Topics about unsupported FreeBSD versions

I'm not one to throw rules around but the problem with CURRENT is that there's no guarantee that things will actually work.

Anyway, the main way to install 3rd party software on CURRENT is through the ports collection. So building the whole thing yourself. I'm assuming that with 'Plasma' you refer to kde5? In that case you should try building x11/kde5.
Thanks man, what's your name?

I used latest FreeBSD released version 12.0-release.

plasma version upgrade to 5.15.0
wayland version upgrade to 1.7.0

Still not working! :(

How to setting it?

Back