How to patch local_unbound?

Hi folks, I have a question on how do I patch local_unbound in FreeBSD.

I have tried with pkg upgrade local_unbound, but it returns "pkg: local_unbound is not installed, therefore upgrade is impossible".

All I wanted is to patch the local_unbound for this bug BUG#232555, and only 1 line change is required as shown here.

Since I have several servers running FreeBSD, hence I was looking for a way to patch them something like pkg upgrade local_unbound without needing to SSH into each of the server and make that one line change.

Thanks in advance.

I just checked on FreeBSD 11.3-RELEASE p3 and it does not contain the fix. So freebsd-update won't help if your using that.
Interesting because this was committed on Nov 1, 2018 to HEAD branch. With the MFC set at 3 days it should have Merged to Stable on Nov 4, 2018.
That might have been cutting it close for FreeBSD 12.0-RELEASE, which was released in December 2018.
I was expecting to see FreeBSD 11.3-RELEASE patched as it was culled from FreeBSD 11-STABLE well after the MFC date for the fix.

I just checked on FreeBSD 11.3-RELEASE p3 and it does not contain the fix. So freebsd-update won't help if your using that.
Interesting because this was committed on Nov 1, 2018 to HEAD branch. With the MFC set at 3 days it should have Merged to Stable on Nov 4, 2018.
That might have been cutting it close for FreeBSD 12.0-RELEASE, which was released in December 2018.
I was expecting to see FreeBSD 11.3-RELEASE patched as it was culled from FreeBSD 11-STABLE well after the MFC date for the fix.

You're right, it is not patched in 11.3-RELEASE.

On the other hand, I could not find it in 12.0-RELEASE, the is not there. 🤔

Unbound is a part of the base system, so updating: via freebsd-update, or building the base from sources.
If you can't get the update with 11.3-RELEASE, the way to go would be to upgrade major version.

And finally, if you consider this change absolute necessary for you, it is only one character change in the rc script, so you can change this
Code:
if [ ! -f ${local_unbound_anchor} ] ; then
to this
Code:
if [ ! -s ${local_unbound_anchor} ] ; then
in /etc/rc.d/local_unbound file temporarily.

Back