How to install FreeBSD 11 amd64?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The *.xz files are compressed and need to be decompressed before writing to USB. You also need to write to the disk (sda for example), not a partition (sda1).

The *.xz files are compressed and need to be decompressed before writing to USB. You also need to write to the disk (sda for example), not a partition (sda1).

Here is iso file cant i use it?

Here is iso file cant i use it?

Yes, you can. You've chosen a CD/DVD based ISO. Use your current Operating System to burn this to a CD.

How you burn it to the CD will depend on what Operating System you are currently using.

Another question; is your intent to install FreeBSD into a computer? Or do you want to run it in something like VirtualBox/VMWare? If the latter then the instructions are a little different :)

hello,
i want to install unix bsd in amd 64 by usb i have no cd/dvd?

In that case you want the “memstick” image (FreeBSD-10.3-RELEASE-amd64-memstick.img).

Again, depending on what OS you are currently running depends on how you write the img file to the USB stick.

What OS are you currently running?

hello,
i am running window 7 and i will install in new hardisk of 80gb

i have downloaded two file dis and iso
boot only and disc1
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/amd64/ISO-IMAGES/11.0/

can we convert it to usb??

No, to my knowledge you cannot convert. You need to instead download the “img” file I specified above. Then you can follow the instructions on this blog post to write it to the USB stick.

Watch this video 10 times:

Go to your BIOS, and fix it so it starts from your CD/DVD, follow video. (google, so you understand what I just said)

Go to google.com and in the Search part write:

BIOS + how to boot from cd.

Hmm, that really should play for you, but here is the Youtube link:

Edit: well that's really irritating. I can't paste a Youtube URL in this forum. In any case you can right click to get the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back