How to deinstall gnome3 ?

This is not a reply. Perhaps more information. I want to fully deinstall gnome3 because I tried to install it with portmaster. I managed to install some ports but now portmaster fails , certainly because of bad configuration options.
Thanks

pkg delete gnome3 removes the "meta" port. pkg autoremove will remove the rest.

I need to remember this thread for when all the pro-portmaster people insist PM is fine and just works. This situation would not have happened with Synth. (failed to build, possibly, but nothing would have been installed in that case)

I was actually just arming myself, but if I managed to make your life better in the process, fantastic! :)

So, evening folks ...

I tried pkg autoremove and it did his work. Then I tried to install gnome3 with portmaster x11/gnome3 but it spits out the same error as before :

Code:
./.libs/libcogl.so: undefined reference to `eglInitialize'
./.libs/libcogl.so: undefined reference to `eglQuerySurface'
./.libs/libcogl.so: undefined reference to `eglDestroyContext'
./.libs/libcogl.so: undefined reference to `eglCreateContext'
./.libs/libcogl.so: undefined reference to `eglMakeCurrent'
./.libs/libcogl.so: undefined reference to `eglGetProcAddress'
./.libs/libcogl.so: undefined reference to `eglQueryString'
./.libs/libcogl.so: undefined reference to `eglSwapBuffers'
./.libs/libcogl.so: undefined reference to `eglGetConfigAttrib'
./.libs/libcogl.so: undefined reference to `eglDestroySurface'
./.libs/libcogl.so: undefined reference to `eglSwapInterval'
./.libs/libcogl.so: undefined reference to `eglGetError'
./.libs/libcogl.so: undefined reference to `eglBindAPI'
./.libs/libcogl.so: undefined reference to `eglGetDisplay'
./.libs/libcogl.so: undefined reference to `eglTerminate'
./.libs/libcogl.so: undefined reference to `eglCreateWindowSurface'
./.libs/libcogl.so: undefined reference to `eglChooseConfig'
cc: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
linking of temporary binary failed: Command '['/bin/sh', '../libtool', '--mode=link', '--tag=CC', '--silent', 'cc', '-o', '/usr/ports/graphics/cogl/work/cogl-1.20.0/cogl/tmp-introspecthy5QXI/Cogl-2.0', '-export-dynamic', '-I/usr/local/include', '-O2', '-pipe', '-fstack-protector', '-fno-strict-aliasing', '-L/usr/local/lib', '-fstack-protector', '/usr/ports/graphics/cogl/work/cogl-1.20.0/cogl/tmp-introspecthy5QXI/Cogl-2.0.o', '-L.', 'libcogl.la', '../test-fixtures/libtest-fixtures.la', '-L/usr/local/lib', '-lgio-2.0', '-lgobject-2.0', '-Wl,--export-dynamic', '-lgmodule-2.0', '-pthread', '-lglib-2.0', '-lintl']' returned non-zero exit status 1
/usr/local/share/gobject-introspection-1.0/Makefile.introspection:153: recipe for target 'Cogl-2.0.gir' failed
gmake[5]: *** [Cogl-2.0.gir] Error 1
gmake[5]: Leaving directory '/usr/ports/graphics/cogl/work/cogl-1.20.0/cogl'
Makefile:2738: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
gmake[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[4]: Leaving directory '/usr/ports/graphics/cogl/work/cogl-1.20.0/cogl'
Makefile:1409: recipe for target 'all' failed
gmake[3]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[3]: Leaving directory '/usr/ports/graphics/cogl/work/cogl-1.20.0/cogl'
Makefile:598: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
gmake[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/ports/graphics/cogl/work/cogl-1.20.0'
Makefile:525: recipe for target 'all' failed
gmake[1]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/ports/graphics/cogl/work/cogl-1.20.0'
===> Compilation failed unexpectedly.
Try to set MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes and rebuild before reporting the failure to
the maintainer.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/graphics/cogl
Any idea ??

Regards

Portmaster builds unsafe / dirty.
I would never recommend it, ever.
You keep hearing people say "That's garbage, it works for me, I've *never* had a problem" (I think they have selective memory).

This is almost undoubtedly failing because of the other stuff on your system, stuff that you didn't update but should have. This is a prime example of why nobody should use portmaster. This is why I use words like "risk" when I describe it's use.

Nobody should waste their time trying to troubleshoot that. Your time is better spent learning how to use poudriere or synth and switching, otherwise I think you are on your own. (It's not a gnome3 thing, it's a mahashakti89 system is in a bad config thing.)

To elaborate on that, portmaster can not handle multiple levels of changes in the dependency graph. All it does is take a simple list of ports to build and builds those, it won't detect the need to rebuild dependent ports on its own.

Portupgrade is functionally equivalent to portmaster. Both build ports in-place, unlike the package builders. If we are going to continue to discuss this, I suggest you start a new thread with a less-misleading subject.

Back