How to connect to the internet?

ckester said:
To learn more about networking and other configuration details with FreeBSD, I highly recommend Michael Lucas's book Absolute FreeBSD. It's gotten me out a tight spot more often than I can count. :e
Thanks! I was actually looking for some books about FreeBSD and that one sure looks great. It's definitely going to be placed pretty high on my "things to buy when I get some money" list :D

paldepind said:
OMFG! It was just typo.

I'm so sorry that I took your guys time just because of a stupid typo. Thanks a lot for your help anyway.. There's clearly a lot of stuff about networking that I know nothing about.

Btw, it works perfectly now :D Thanks again!

We all make mistakes sometimes.
For example, I made mistake it this post.

I said defaultroute, when it should be defaultrouter
lol
I noticed just now

What if I am sharing a connection through NAT with my local? I am emulating FreeBSD but it seems not connected. No ping, no fetch, anything.

What if I am sharing a connection through NAT with my local? I am emulating FreeBSD but it seems not connected. No ping, no fetch, anything.
Are you using VirtualBox or and equivalent? Just run dhclient em0 assuming em0 is the NIC shown in ifconfig. You can make that configuration permanent with an /etc/rc.conf entry like below:
Code:
ifconfig_em0="DHCP"

Are you using VirtualBox or and equivalent? Just run dhclient em0 assuming em0 is the NIC shown in ifconfig. You can make that configuration permanent with an /etc/rc.conf entry like below:
Code:
ifconfig_em0="DHCP"

Yeah, iI noticed that iI have put inside rc.conf this:
Code:
ifconfig_ed0="DHCP"
Actually, launching an ifconfig(8) my device was em0. Thus, was not working. Changing it all is fine now. Human bugs are not trackable :D

Back