How i can install the Fish Shell ?

1) I tried to install fish , tried to set the user to this shell with pw command and it says there is no fish shell how i install fish shell ?
2) How i can configure it for typing greek characters too (alongside with english-us) ?
Is there a keyboard configuration file in /etc/defaults like linux ?

1. If you want to use the fish shell (or any other shell) as your login shell, it must exist in /etc/shells. Once it is in that file, you can use chsh(1) to change your shell (e.g. chsh -s fish).
  2. Console/TTY (not a terminal emulator)

kbdmap(1) is the "easy" way. However, I think only one can be active at a time, meaning you cannot easily switch between them. Also, kbdmap is just a simple frontend for kbdcontrol(1). Unlike kbdmap, you can use kbdcontrol -k to configure two different keyboards to have different keymaps, allowing you to use one Greek keyboard and one English keyboard. See rc.conf(1) if you want a certain keymap used automatically.

Xorg

Many desktop environments such as KDE provide a way for you to do this already. Otherwise, see xkeyboard-config(7) for configuration possibilities, and you would use setxkbmap(1) to set your desired configuration. For example, I use this in my ~/.xinitrc to make it automatic every time I startx:
    Code:
    # us(dvorak-alt-intl) is the default layout with a secondary layout us(alt-intl) available.
    # Ctrl-Shift switches between layouts.
    setxkbmap \
        -layout us,us \
        -variant dvorak-alt-intl,alt-intl \
        -option grp:ctrl_shift_toggle

1) I tried to install fish , tried to set the user to this shell with pw command and it says there is no fish shell how i install fish shell ?
If you are using pkg just type pkg install fish
2) How i can configure it for typing greek characters too (alongside with english-us) ?
Is there a keyboard configuration file in /etc/defaults like linux ?
Follow this tutorial to have multiple keyboard layouts.

Back