How do you compile ubldr?

The board I'm trying has preinstalled uboot. The loader.efi won't boot. It looks like it don't read the UEFI environment variables from uboot or because of some other reason. How do I set these variables in uboot correctly, are the environment variables UEFI environment variables? It wasn't the FreeBSD version of uboot. In short, how do I use ubldr instead to load loader from the uboot?

Next question would be, which installation media would have ubldr in it? The RPI3 image had: u-boot.bin PCX ver. 2.5. It did not boot. How do I compile ubldr?

The board I'm trying has preinstalled uboot. The loader.efi won't boot. It looks like it don't read the UEFI environment variables from uboot or because of some other reason. How do I set these variables in uboot correctly, are the environment variables UEFI environment variables? It wasn't the FreeBSD version of uboot. In short, how do I use ubldr instead to load loader from the uboot?

Next question would be, which installation media would have ubldr in it? The RPI3 image had: u-boot.bin PCX ver. 2.5. It did not boot. How do I compile ubldr?
There is this old patch to get ubldr on arm64 but you'll need a uboot compiled with the uboot API.
You can also try to boot your board with booti (you'll need a recent -CURRENT) and a kernel compiled with LINUX_BOOT_ABI.
Only armv6/7 used to use ubldr, but I think we switched to EFI recently and don't use ubldr anymore.
What is the u-boot version of your board?

Yes, the uboot version was too old. After it was updated the loader found more partitions and then jammed. It went further. This time maby the memory addresses were not correct. Progress. Yes, serial connection was found, cu with baud rate 115200 worked in /dev/ttyU0.

Back