Solved How do I modify fstab from single user mode?

There's a method to manually choose the boot device on startup. Try that and see if it's listed. I am about out of ideas here though, it seems you can only boot the USB stick, which doesn't make much sense.

I think the FreeBSD-hardware mailing list might be your next best stop.
If I were to create a boot option in the bios what is the correct mount point?

Also netbsd boots fine on the laptop.

Sorry, but I don't quite understand the question. BIOS/Legacy should simply load the boot sector (first one) and execute that (see boot(8) for a full description), regardless of MBR/GPT. UEFI should be able to iterate over your devices and discover the EFI partitions, present them to you to choose from.

NetBSD is compatible with more (and older) hardware then FreeBSD, so that doesn't mean much I'm afraid.

Sorry, but I don't quite understand the question. BIOS/Legacy should simply load the boot sector (first one) and execute that (see boot(8) for a full description), regardless of MBR/GPT. UEFI should be able to iterate over your devices and discover the EFI partitions, present them to you to choose from.

NetBSD is compatible with more (and older) hardware then FreeBSD, so that doesn't mean much I'm afraid.

thanks.

Back