How do I mark a thread "[Solved ]"?

How can I set [Solved] in my topic? I don't know how to do it in this forum. I have to do it by myself? I mean I must write [Solved] in the subject by myself? Or does someone set [Solved] instead of me? I read the forum rules, I could not find about it. I might buy new glasses. :OOO

Thanks in advance.

Re: [Solved]

Edit the first post in the thread.

Then manually type "[Solved] " into the thread title, in front of what's already there.

There's no automated "solved" button.

if you edit the title (thread tools dropdown when looking at your thread), you can change the prefix to be "solved".

As of 2022, I figured it out by selecting the "Edit" link at the bottom of the initial post, then back near the top, under "Title" one sees a dropdown with the default label "No Prefix". Click on that and select "Solved".

It seems the edit button is missing too.

Did I edit my stuff too much!!! I know I am bad for that.

Edit on newer posts works fine. So is edit feature timing out after x amount of time?
#Yup edited#

DutchDaemon changed a setting regarding editing. That may have something to do with it. It might be a little too strict now. We'll try to find a better solution.

I have no problem with it. It looks like 30 min editing time at least. Solved is tied to 'edit' on parent thread though.

If I can't put a thought on paper in that time I need to use the dang preview button.

I have tweaked it a little. Verified members ( >= 10 days && >= 10 posts) can edit their own posts/threads indefinitely. Registered members ( < 10 days || < 10 posts) can do so for 24 hours; until they clear the hurdle, at least.

I have had to disable deletion of own posts for now (deletion of own threads has never been allowed, because it would nuke other people's posts); we've had one too many entitled posters leaving the forums because they felt "slighted" (sigh) by a moderator/admin decision or action or remark, sometimes deleting all of their posts in the process. Screw the community, I guess?

That is considered sabotage -- it renders a load of topics entirely unusable. It is reversible (post deletions by users are always soft, posts are actually not deleted, but rather hidden), but it takes a lot of work.

Unfortunately, this behavior manifests more often with long-standing users, so it is difficult to give users with a lot of posts or karma free reign.. they're often the ones willing to spend hours nuking all of their own posts.

This is subject to re-evaluation, as always.

Back