How could I run an installed package?

For a quick experience open a terminal like xterm and do
> firefox &
If your window manager has a command line feature you can do it there.

For more comfort you have to edit the menu of your window manager then you can use your mouse to start programs.

> firefox &

For more comfort you have to edit the menu of your window manager then you can use your mouse to start programs.
I installed xwindow but I don't know how to run it. I installed Firefox and xwindow only as I installed FreeBSD today.

If only things were so simple. Have a look at the Wikipedia pages for Desktop Environments and Window Managers. You need to configure a graphical environment before you can start using graphical applications. MeesterWood recommended x11-wm/xfce4, which is a rather traditional desktop that's pretty light on resources and easy to get running quickly, but there are a half-dozen other desktop environments and dozen popular of stand-alone window managers you might try (not to mention oodles of not-so-popular "cult" window managers).

> firefox &

Code:
#firefox &
(process :763) :glib-critical **: g_slice_set_config: assertion ' sys_page_size ==0' failed
Error : no display specified
what should I do?

what should I do?
I think you should read the Handbook at least until chapter 8. By reading it, you would have learnt that X (and Firefox) is not meant to be used with the root user. This is why you're are getting this error. Take your time, and read the documentation from the site, this is one of the very good aspects of this project.
If you don't feel like it, which is understandable as it's a lot of reading, you'd better choose another system that do most of the work for you, otherwise you are going to stumble over many problems like this one.

The error has nothing to do that the program possibly was run as root.
But formateur_fou is absolutely right that it is a no-go to run internet connecting programs as root which would be a security risk.
Code:
Error : no display specified
This points to a misconfigurated Xserver configuration or a missing video driver. So before trying to get Firefox running you should take care that first Xorg is well configured and does not show any errors.

So now, we've shown the OP how to run Firefox as the root user... Not very good, is it? ;-)
A good practice would be to read the output of a program installation and its manual.

I think you should read the Handbook at least until chapter 8. By reading it, you would have learnt that X (and Firefox) is not meant to be used with the root user. This is why you're are getting this error. Take your time, and read the documentation from the site, this is one of the very good aspects of this project.
If you don't feel like it, which is understandable as it's a lot of reading, you'd better choose another system that do most of the work for you, otherwise you are going to stumble over many problems like this one.
I don't log in with root.

Back