How can I solve the issue with driver support?

I got FreeBSD 11 CURRENT too and have the same problem.
Configuring the loader.conf and rc.conf files I get errors and can't get iwn(4) to work.
And the commands on the console just work when I remove the commands from the files.
I just write a script and exec the script after the boot.
That's my temporary solution.
With this solution the driver is very stable. I don't have problems.
Unfortunately I don't have time to explore another solution.

I got FreeBSD 11 CURRENT too and have the same problem.
Configuring the loader.conf and rc.conf files I get errors and can't get iwn(4) to work.
And the commands on the console just work when I remove the commands from the files.
I just write a script and exec the script after the boot.
That's my temporary solution.
With this solution the driver is very stable. I don't have problems.
Unfortunately I don't have time to explore another solution.
There seems to still be some trouble with the iwm(4) driver, at least in combination with the 7260-firmware (iwmfw(4)). I still get the firmware error if either or both are added as devices in my KERNCONF, or if the wlandevice is created during boot (i.e. wlans_iwm0="wlan0", or similar, in /etc/rc.conf). However, as rayit described earlier, loading the driver and firmware at boot like so:
/boot/loader.conf
Code:
if_iwm_load="YES"
iwm7260fw_load="YES"
legal.intel_iwm.license_ack=1
and the creating the wlandevice after login works well for me to, running 11.0-CURRENT (r297558).

Thanks everybody !

Reading sluggo post and gaussjordan's link the configuration works on my note (Dell and Intel 7265 wifi)

I don't know exactly how because the others configurations I've tested are technically correct.

Well, this solution works for me and I don't need to type anything else on terminal:

/boot/loader.conf
Code:
#Load WiFi

if_iwm_load="YES"
iwm7265fw_load="YES"

wlan_wep_load="YES"
wlan_ccmp_load="YES"
wlan_tkip_load="YES"

legal.intel_ipm.license_ack=1
legal.intel_iwm.license_ack=1
legal.intel_iwi.license_ack=1
/etc/rc.conf
Code:
wlans_iwm0="wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0="-ht WPA SYNCDHCP"
/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
Code:
network={
ssid="RouterName"
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
psk="yourpassword"
}

After updating to r297752 adding the driver to my KERNCONF does work!
/usr/src/sys/amd64/conf/X220KERNCONF
Code:
device   iwm
device   iwm7260fw
/etc/rc.conf
Code:
wlans_iwm0="wlan0"
I've only tested it 2.4GHz/n thus far and unfortunately won't be able to test 5GHz/ac or n for at least another week. Another improvement is that toggling the physical switch for the wifi-card also works (after ifconfig wlan0 destroying and re createing it), which used to cause panics.

Back