How can I edit my own Profile Picture?

we know that animated avatars are so cool, but with all respect -- it does not provide any information value (and frankly, it only creates another possibility to make the forum "uglier") so we have decided to restrict those.

heh, right. I have realized this after I have posted my reply. That's because I have uploaded mine before we have restricted this possibility :)

I will probably change it to some static picture soon.

danger@ said:
we know that animated avatars are so cool, but with all respect -- it does not provide any information value (and frankly, it only creates another possibility to make the forum "uglier") so we have decided to restrict those.

That is possibly the BEST ever explanation of why animated avatars should be banned from serious forums, I am thinking of adding that to my new forum rules when I set it up.

@ lme@
Indeed, your avatar does make me want to laugh a little every time I see it. I just can't help but wonder what he's saying. Is he *beep**beep**beep**beep**beep*in' about the meaning of life, pondering the metaphysics of Linus Torvald's toaster, or compiling his BSD kernel out loud.

We may never know :beergrin
--Q

Back