Help - Upgrade messed up suspend/resume functionality, Hanging now

Ok I tried the pkg upgrade -f method, it seemed to work but still no sign of slim/gui , it's still sending me to ttyv0
Just checking, are slim, sudo, xorg and so on packages definitely installed at the moment? It seems that sometimes, certain packages are removed during major version upgrades.

Update: seems like somehow during the PKG upgrade process the slim PKG was removed. Installed it back and now it's working!

Not sure why/when it was removed - but I guess the problem is solved now by upgrading to 14.0 and suspend/resume works fine .

Thanks for all the help mro and Charlie_

Reactions: mro
Th
Just checking, are slim, sudo, xorg and so on packages definitely installed at the moment? It seems that sometimes, certain packages are removed during major version upgrades.
Thanks - yea I just checked, it's very weird. In fact many of my packages are missing! Even chromium! I hope I don't lose the data - scared now!

Update: doing 'pkg search chromium' doesn't give any result! Same with iridium browser - are they not supported or what? Very strange. If not I'll have to reinstall/rollback because have lots of data in there :(

I use www/ungoogled-chromium on 14.0-RELEASE but chromium should be there as well I guess:
Code:
$ pkg search chromium
chromium-124.0.6367.118        Google web browser based on WebKit
chromium-bsu-0.9.16.1_3        Arcade-style, top-scrolling space shooter
ungoogled-chromium-124.0.6367.78 Google web browser based on WebKit sans integration with Google
perhaps you need to do some finishing steps, maybe a % pkg update?

I use www/ungoogled-chromium on 14.0-RELEASE but chromium should be there as well I guess:
Code:
$ pkg search chromium
chromium-124.0.6367.118        Google web browser based on WebKit
chromium-bsu-0.9.16.1_3        Arcade-style, top-scrolling space shooter
ungoogled-chromium-124.0.6367.78 Google web browser based on WebKit sans integration with Google
perhaps you need to do some finishing steps, maybe a % pkg update?
When I try the same it only gives me the arcade style game, no chromium, and no un googled chromium.

Very strange. Pkg update says it's upto date

Already tried that earlier too - no chromium in packages :(
Are you using 'latest' or 'quarterly' for your packages? Sometimes packages are removed from 'latest' while they still exist in 'quarterly'.

Edit: Ah, I see you started another thread where exactly this issue has been raised.

Back