Help to create a great OS

Hi to everyone,

I want to develop a BSD kernel to build a great OS. And I'm researching about versions of it (NetBSD, FreeBSD or PC-BSD and ...). Now I want consultation of you to select an option. Please tell me complete details.

Thanks for your help.
Best regards.

randux said:
What's wrong with the BSD OS that already exists?

Oh. Don't say this. BSD don't have any wrong [Best and any OS can't be same it. Really] but, in my country, people just work with Windows and they know Linux OS. I want to define BSD kernel (FreeBSD) as best OS and most powerful for working with anything. I want to develop it for some base (Desktop, Server "With much config", and for developer).

Thanks for your replying.

So you think it can't be used for desktop/server etc right now? (I don't understand what do your really want to do)

vermaden said:
Have You heard about ArabBSD project?
a-farahmand is Iranian. Arabs are a 2-3% minority in Iran and they live mainly on the other side of where he lives. :)

a-farahmand said:
i want to develop it for some base (Desktop,Server "With much config", and for developer).
Maybe you're looking for PC-BSD, which is based on FreeBSD and can install either a) a graphical KDE interface that runs on top of FreeBSD or b) vanilla FreeBSD.

Thanks all,

Yes, I want to develop it until it's an environment such as Windows/PC BSD (so easy to use for every one (on the desktop)). And as you said, I want to develop it to make IranBSD!

Indeed, I want to customize the bootloader, installation, merge version & platforms (amd64, i386, ia64 and etc.) in one pack, manage packaging and customize environment. I think these options are enough.

And what's the better/best? (GNOME, KDE, Plasma Desktop, Xfce, LXDE)

Sorry, but there is no best/better Windowmanager. Some People like KDE, some Gnome, some Xfce... I like Coffee (not tea) :)

Elwood said:
Sorry, but there is no best/better Windowmanager. Some People like KDE, some Gnome, some Xfce... I like Coffee (not tea) :)
Yes, and I must select some of them.
Thanks.
Best regards.

Back