Help me please install

There's not much point to this topic if you don't take the advice that others give you, and respond to it with some details or reasons, e.g.:

• Make a new CD
  • Try with a memory stick

wblock@ said:
You may have a bad CD. Try installing from a USB memory stick instead.
OP claims he already has FreeBSD installed. Some of what the OP says would suggest otherwise, but I think that is just the Russian/English/Russian translation effect.

As near as I can tell here is what is going on. He installed Slackware. Then he installed FreeBSD. The Slackware LILO cannot see FreeBSD, which is to be expected right out of the box I think. It will need to be configured for FreeBSD. This is where it gets confusing. He is now experiencing SCSI CD device errors. Ostensibly he installed Slackware and FreeBSD on this system using the CD device, but now it is returning errors. AFAICT he gets the SCSI errors upon boot. Of course I could have it all wrong.

Tried again to install from the CD. Checked the ISO on SHA256, and took on a new disk. The error was the same. I decided to try with FreeBSD-DVD1.ISO and there was another problem.

I recorded FreeBSD-disk1.iso on USB. And this is an issue. The installation does not start. Every time 10 seconds pass again.

Here is the full text of the error when installing from a CD-DISK

What do I do? In FreeBSD 8.4 the same problem?

Do not try to use the CD or DVD images for a memory stick, they will not work without conversion. Use the memory stick image that is available for download.

Last edited by a moderator:
On other forums respond very slowly.
I tried to download FreeBSD 8.4 with cd-disk. I photographed the process of detection devices. Such a mistake as to 9.2 was not. But there was something "Invalid disklabel".
Please see all the good I have it determined?

I recorded a .img image on a USB flash drive. There was another error:

as I understood it is associated with the hard disk. Because during the partitioning was my hard drive. 3.7 GB is the memory of my flash drives.

What are the options?

I don't understand this at all. It's as if all of the hardware (HDD CD/DVD) on this system is faulty. The partition editor is showing the USB drive as the only disk. Where is the HDD drive?

Either faulty hardware, a UEFI BIOS without a CSM, or the BIOS is not configured for boot devices correctly. That would be my guess without knowing what the hardware is.

Back