Help from gurus installing freebsd 9.0

Motherboard P4S800-x

trying to install 9.0 it freezes it at boot, in the same place all the time...

this issue was the same with 7.0 and 7.1

Any one here successfully installed freebsd 9.0 on the same motherboard please help out, this will be my first install and I really wanna learn freebsd, I am long time Fedora user...

More information might make it easier to debug. If the BIOS is set to make the SATA ports emulate IDE, switch it to the opposite mode. If you have a SATA drive, anyway.

that's the thing no error just freezes.......

Drive is IDE no SATA.....

I tried every setting on my bios to install this... NO luck

okn the only error that I can see before it freezes is acpio: reservation of 0, a0000 (3) failed and acpio: reservation of 100000, 5fef0000 (3) failed

sorry that was booting options... ok booted with ACPI disable... same it freezes but this time no errors just freezes

I been having this problem since version 7... still the problem exist on 9.0.. hope development see this post on the type of motherboard and fix this issue...

Fedora versions installed flawless but I want freebsd....

Try booting in Safe mode.

But you still have provided nearly zero information. How much memory is installed? Is the system overclocked in any way? Are there USB storage peripherals? Does it boot if you just wait for a long time (up to a half hour)? Does it have the latest BIOS?

If you have any Linux CD, try running memcheck; That boot option is present on almost all Linux livecd's. You might also want to run a full hardware diagnostic on your system, including the HDD and mobo controllers. http://www.inquisitor.ru is a good tool for that.

Back