Heimdal Compilation/Install Error

dehuu76

I tried to install security/heimdal (Heimdal 7.7.0) from ports and encountered an error. FreeBSD12.3 and 13. Fresh ports. Here's the picture of the error. Extra options with openldap, without ipv6
How i can fix this problems?

Thank you for any help

Attachments

• heimdal_error.jpg
    heimdal_error.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited by a moderator:

SirDice

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Post the whole error, not just the last bit of it. And please, just copy/paste the text. Don't post pictures of text.

OP
D

dehuu76

The whole compilation process takes a long time and at the end it outputs such lines.
Code:
Stop.
make[7785]: stopped in /usr/ports/security/heimdal
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[7784]: stopped in /usr/ports/security/cyrus-sasl2-gssapi
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[7783]: stopped in /usr/ports/net/openldap24-client
*** Error code 1

I notice errors during compilation
libldap-2.4.so.2 - not found
cyrus-sasl-gssapi>0 - not found
libgssapi.so - not found
In FreeBSD 12.2 (dvd disc, stable) with original, no updated ports heimdal compiled without errors

OP
D

dehuu76

I tried to compile security/cyrus-sasl2-gssapi first. Options with_heimdal. I got the same errors

SirDice

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

We cannot see what's on your screen. And I can't guess the error you are getting. We're good but we're not clairvoyant. Post the actual error.

T-Daemon

Daemon

Use script(1) to catch all the build process printed on the terminal. Paste output beginning with the lines before the first error appears.

OP
D

dehuu76

Script fragment output. Freebsd13.0-stable #0
Code:
root@fr13:/usr/ports/security/cyrus-sasl2-gssapi # make

===>   cyrus-sasl-gssapi-2.1.27_2 depends on package: gmake>=4.3 - found
===>   cyrus-sasl-gssapi-2.1.27_2 depends on executable: libtool - found
===>   cyrus-sasl-gssapi-2.1.27_2 depends on file: /usr/local/lib/heimdal/libgssapi.so - not found
===>   heimdal-7.7.0_1 depends on package: pkgconf>=1.3.0_1 - found
===>   heimdal-7.7.0_1 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/makeinfo - found
===>   heimdal-7.7.0_1 depends on shared library: libintl.so - found (/usr/local/lib/libintl.so)
===>   heimdal-7.7.0_1 depends on shared library: libreadline.so.8 - found (/usr/local/lib/libreadline.so.8)
===>   heimdal-7.7.0_1 depends on shared library: libdb-5.3.so - found (/usr/local/lib/libdb-5.3.so)
===>   heimdal-7.7.0_1 depends on shared library: libsqlite3.so - found (/usr/local/lib/libsqlite3.so)
===>   heimdal-7.7.0_1 depends on shared library: libldap-2.4.so.2 - not found
===>  Staging for openldap24-client-2.4.59_4
===>   openldap24-client-2.4.59_4 depends on package: cyrus-sasl-gssapi>0 - not found
===>   cyrus-sasl-gssapi-2.1.27_2 depends on file: /usr/local/lib/heimdal/libgssapi.so - not found
===>   heimdal-7.7.0_1 depends on shared library: libintl.so - found (/usr/local/lib/libintl.so)
===>   heimdal-7.7.0_1 depends on shared library: libreadline.so.8 - found (/usr/local/lib/libreadline.so.8)
===>   heimdal-7.7.0_1 depends on shared library: libdb-5.3.so - found (/usr/local/lib/libdb-5.3.so)
===>   heimdal-7.7.0_1 depends on shared library: libsqlite3.so - found (/usr/local/lib/libsqlite3.so)
===>   openldap24-client-2.4.59_4 depends on package: cyrus-sasl-gssapi>0 - not found

T-Daemon

Daemon

No problem here building and installing security/cyrus-sasl2-gssapi with GSSAPI_HEIMDAL=on, and security/heimdal with IPV6=off and LDAP=on.

I have used packages to satisfy the ports build and run dependencies. See ports(7), Example 2, target "install-missing-packages". If using this method, make sure the package repository configuration is set to "latest" (assuming the ports tree is "main", not "quarterly").

From your (incomplete) paste in post #8 it's still unclear what compilation errors the build is facing. If it's only missing libraries those can be easily installed.

If there are literal errors in the build output, please post those. Also make sure the ports tree is up to date.

SirDice

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

You managed to create a dependency loop with the options you enabled. I suspect you enabled LDAP and/or LMDB on security/heimdal, which pulls in OpenLDAP, which in turn depends on Heimdal, which depends on OpenLDAP, which depends on Heimdal, repeat ad infinitum.

astyle

Daemon

Yeah, that's a pitfall in ports' # make config option that you get - if you're not careful, you get a circular dependency. The way to break that is to make note of the flags that create a circular dependency. In OP's case, Heimdal probably should not really depend on OpenLDAP. So, start by compiling security/heimdal w/o OpenLDAP.
--
I had a similar issue awhile ago, there were like 10 different ports involved in a circular dependency, that took awhile to resolve. :p

T-Daemon

Daemon

Actually it builds just fine.

Built, installed those two ports with the custom option specified in post #9 and their run and build dependencies from source without problems in a VM (13.0-RELEASE amd64). What's affecting the build on your system it seems it's affecting specifically yours.

On which platform is the system running?

In your transcript there is this relevant piece of output:

Code:
  make[8703]: exec(/bin/sh) failed (Argument list too long)
  *** Error code 1

The only reference I found to it is

Not sure if this has a relevance, getconf ARG_MAX returns 524288 on the build system.

You could invoke the build with make -dA to get a extensive log (after make clean). Maybe there are details which points in the right direction.

OP
D

dehuu76

I downloaded the fresh ports today and everything compiled and installed without errors. Freebsd13-stable (snapshot 13-n248872-2c7441c86ef )