Graphics

I installed Freebsd 9.2-RELEASE to a Intel Core i5 laptop with Intel HD Graphics 3000, with geli(8)() used on the swap slice and the /usr slice (the /usr slice is the only zfs(8)() slice). I keep getting errors installing x11/xorg when it gets to graphics/dri. I ran the pkg delete -f libGL dri and portmaster -a, per /usr/ports/UPDATING. I also added the following to /etc/make.conf:
Code:
WITH_NEW_XORG=yes
WITH_KMS=yes
and I also tried, per the Intel Wiki, these settings:
Code:
WITH_NEW_XORG=true
WITH_KMS=true
And both return the same errors.

Per a discussion in another thread I recompiled the kernel with the settings and tried again. Still the same errors. I do use devel/ccache, but I also disabled devel/ccache which still gave me the same errors. I even tried ccache --clear and portmaster --clear-distfiles after pkg delete -f libGL dri, thinking maybe residual files are jacking it all up. I still get the same errors. portsnap fetch update, freebsd-update, and portmaster -a were all completed prior to installing to ensure everything was up to date.

Here are some of the errors:
Code:
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-fno-builtin-memcmp'
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-I .'
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-I /usr/local/include'
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-I ../../../../../include'
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-I ../../../../../src/'
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-I ../../../../../src/mapi'
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-I ../../../../../src/mesa/'
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-I ../../../../../src/mesa/drivers/dri/common'
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-I ../../../../../src/mesa/drivers/dri/intel'
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-I ../../../../../src/mesa/drivers/dri/intel/server'
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-I ../../../../../src/mesa/drivers/dri/common'
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-I /usr/local/include'
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-I /usr/local/include/libdrm'
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-fno-builtin-memcmp'
In file included from i830_context.c:28:
In file included from ./i830_context.h:31:
../../../../../src/mesa/drivers/dri/intel/intel_context.h:249:4: error: unknown type name 'drm_intel_context'
   drm_intel_context *hw_ctx;
   ^
1 error generated.
gmake[6]: *** [i830_context.lo] Error 1
gmake[6]: Leaving directory `/ram/usr/ports/graphics/dri/work/Mesa-9.1.6/src/mesa/drivers/dri/i915'
gmake[5]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[5]: Leaving directory `/ram/usr/ports/graphics/dri/work/Mesa-9.1.6/src/mesa/drivers/dri'
gmake[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[4]: Leaving directory `/ram/usr/ports/graphics/dri/work/Mesa-9.1.6/src/mesa/drivers'
gmake[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/ram/usr/ports/graphics/dri/work/Mesa-9.1.6/src/mesa'
gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/ram/usr/ports/graphics/dri/work/Mesa-9.1.6/src/mesa'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/ram/usr/ports/graphics/dri/work/Mesa-9.1.6/src'
gmake: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
*** [do-build] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/dri.
I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

Sidenote (related in a long way, but can be ignored): I did pkg install/uninstall x11/xorg to see if it would run at all - which it does. If I use HAL instead of moused(8)() I can see the terminal after exiting x11/xorg.

tzoi516 said:
I also added the following to /etc/make.conf:
Code:
WITH_NEW_XORG=yes
WITH_KMS=yes
and I also tried, per the Intel Wiki, these settings:
Code:
WITH_NEW_XORG=true
WITH_KMS=true
And both return the same errors.

These are equivalent. Most code with on/off flags only tests whether a variable is defined, not the actual value.

wblock@ said:
What happens if the default gcc is used rather than Clang?

Makefile says "gcc from base can't handle some code in Mesa 9.1+"

A lot of LLVM in the script.

Updated gcc and clang and still get the same errors.

I'm tempted to edit the Makefile to use gcc just to see if the note was specific to an earlier version.

Upgraded to FreeBSD 10.0-BETA3 solved my issue, after fixing the pkg configuration file.

Back