Solved Graphics modules update/install

this OS hard drive was in a different laptop, and I just put it in this laptop, and I have no memoery of what I did with it, It is upgraded to 12.1 but in the other laptop it was using kld_list="/boot/modules/radeonkms.ko" this laptop needs kld_list="/boot/modules/i915kms.ko"

I removed the first one in rc.conf, and added teh other one in as the /boot/modules showed all of them installed, it crashed, I had to go in the back door fix the partition, then remove the line in rc.conf, reboot, and I figured I'd build it from source because that is what the issue is on this driver with upgrading the system, and now I am getting this.

looks like it is telling me I did this somewhere else and it I, and do not know how to check for that to fix it...

Code:
# make install clean
--- check-vulnerable ---
--- fake-pkg ---
--- /usr/ports/graphics/drm-kmod/work/.PLIST.mktmp ---
--- limited-clean-depends-noflavor ---
--- fake-pkg ---
===>   Registering installation for drm-kmod-g20190710
pkg-static: open(/usr/ports/graphics/drm-kmod/work/.metadir): No such file or directory
--- limited-clean-depends ---
--- /usr/ports/graphics/drm-kmod/work ---
--- fake-pkg ---
*** [fake-pkg] Error code 70

make: stopped in /usr/ports/graphics/drm-kmod
A failure has been detected in another branch of the parallel make

make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/graphics/drm-kmod
*** [/usr/ports/graphics/drm-kmod/work/.PLIST.mktmp] Error code 2

A failure has been detected in another branch of the parallel make

make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/graphics/drm-kmod
*** [limited-clean-depends-noflavor] Error code 2

3 errors

and I am noticing I do not have any room on HDD for what reason??? don't know, I got a aprox 105.6 GB partition 6.6 mb left on it. that might be a different post. I am just getting back into this OS, It might need further investigation on my part. before I go any further, just thought I'd mention it ... :D

I do not know if this will work, but I'll see what happens.
Code:
userx@FreeBSD12.net:~                                                                                   
$ sudo portmaster graphics/drm-kmod                                                                      

===>>> Port directory: /usr/ports/graphics/drm-kmod                                                      

===>>> Gathering dependency list for graphics/drm-kmod from ports                                        
===>>> Launching child to install graphics/drm-fbsd12.0-kmod                                             

===>>> graphics/drm-kmod >> graphics/drm-fbsd12.0-kmod (1/1)                                             

===>>> Port directory: /usr/ports/graphics/drm-fbsd12.0-kmod                                             

===>>> Gathering dependency list for graphics/drm-fbsd12.0-kmod from ports                               
===>>> Launching child to install graphics/gpu-firmware-kmod     
===>>> graphics/drm-kmod >> graphics/drm-fbsd12.0-kmod >> graphics/gpu-firmware-                         kmod (2/2)                                                                                               

===>>> Port directory: /usr/ports/graphics/gpu-firmware-kmod                                             

===>>> Gathering dependency list for graphics/gpu-firmware-kmod from ports                               
===>>> No dependencies for graphics/gpu-firmware-kmod                                                    

===>>> graphics/drm-kmod >> graphics/drm-fbsd12.0-kmod (2/2)                                             

===>>> Returning to dependency check for graphics/drm-fbsd12.0-kmod                                      
===>>> Dependency check complete for graphics/drm-fbsd12.0-kmod                                          

===>>> Returning to dependency check for graphics/drm-kmod                                               
===>>> Dependency check complete for graphics/drm-kmod                                                   

===>>> graphics/drm-kmod >> (2)                                                                          

===>>> The following actions will be taken if you choose to proceed:                                     
        Install graphics/drm-kmod                                                                        
        Install graphics/drm-fbsd12.0-kmod                                                               
        Install graphics/gpu-firmware-kmod                                                               

===>>> Proceed? y/n [y] y                                                                                

===>>> Starting build and/or install for graphics/drm-kmod <<<===                                        

===>>> Checking package repository for latest available version                                          
===>>> Starting check for runtime dependencies                                                           
===>>> Gathering dependency list for graphics/drm-kmod from ports                                        
===>>> Launching child to install graphics/drm-fbsd12.0-kmod                                             

===>>> graphics/drm-kmod >> graphics/drm-fbsd12.0-kmod (1/2)                                             

===>>> Port directory: /usr/ports/graphics/drm-fbsd12.0-kmod                                             

===>>> Gathering dependency list for graphics/drm-fbsd12.0-kmod from ports
===>>> Launching child to install graphics/gpu-firmware-kmod

===>>> graphics/drm-kmod >> graphics/drm-fbsd12.0-kmod >> graphics/gpu-firmware-kmod (2/2)

===>>> Port directory: /usr/ports/graphics/gpu-firmware-kmod

===>>> Gathering dependency list for graphics/gpu-firmware-kmod from ports
===>>> No dependencies for graphics/gpu-firmware-kmod

===>>> Installing package from: /usr/ports/packages/portmaster-download/gpu-firmware-kmod-g20191015.txz
Installing gpu-firmware-kmod-g20191015...
Extracting gpu-firmware-kmod-g20191015: 100%

===>>> Installation of graphics/gpu-firmware-kmod (gpu-firmware-kmod-g20191015) succeeded

===>>> Returning to dependency check for graphics/drm-fbsd12.0-kmod
===>>> Dependency check complete for graphics/drm-fbsd12.0-kmod

===>>> Installing package from: /usr/ports/packages/portmaster-download/drm-fbsd12.0-kmod-4.16.g20191120.txz
Installing drm-fbsd12.0-kmod-4.16.g20191120...
Extracting drm-fbsd12.0-kmod-4.16.g20191120: 100%
=====
Message from drm-fbsd12.0-kmod-4.16.g20191120:

--
The drm-fbsd12.0-kmod port can be enabled for amdgpu (for AMD GPUs starting
with the HD7000 series / Tahiti) or i915kms (for Intel APUs starting with
HD3000 / Sandy Bridge) through kld_list in /etc/rc.conf. radeonkms for older
AMD GPUs can be loaded and there are some positive reports if EFI boot is NOT
enabled (similar to amdgpu).

For amdgpu: kld_list="amdgpu"
For Intel: kld_list="/boot/modules/i915kms.ko"
For radeonkms: kld_list="/boot/modules/radeonkms.ko"

Please ensure that all users requiring graphics are members of the
"video" group.

Older generations are supported by the legacy kms modules (radeonkms / 
i915kms) in base or by installing graphics/drm-legacy-kmod.

===>>> Installation of graphics/drm-fbsd12.0-kmod (drm-fbsd12.0-kmod-4.16.g20191120) succeeded

===>>> Returning to dependency check for graphics/drm-kmod
===>>> Dependency check complete for graphics/drm-kmod

===>>> Installing package from: /usr/ports/packages/portmaster-download/drm-kmod-g20190710.txz
Installing drm-kmod-g20190710...

===>>> pkg-message for drm-fbsd12.0-kmod-4.16.g20191120
On install:
The drm-fbsd12.0-kmod port can be enabled for amdgpu (for AMD GPUs starting
with the HD7000 series / Tahiti) or i915kms (for Intel APUs starting with
HD3000 / Sandy Bridge) through kld_list in /etc/rc.conf. radeonkms for older
AMD GPUs can be loaded and there are some positive reports if EFI boot is NOT
enabled (similar to amdgpu).

For amdgpu: kld_list="amdgpu"
For Intel: kld_list="/boot/modules/i915kms.ko"
For radeonkms: kld_list="/boot/modules/radeonkms.ko"

Please ensure that all users requiring graphics are members of the
"video" group.

Older generations are supported by the legacy kms modules (radeonkms / 
i915kms) in base or by installing graphics/drm-legacy-kmod.

===>>> Done displaying pkg-message files

===>>> The following actions were performed:

I deleted all 3 of these then rebuilt from source and that seems to be working.
Code:
  Install graphics/drm-kmod                                                                       
  Install graphics/drm-fbsd12.0-kmod                                                              
  Install graphics/gpu-firmware-kmod

Back