Good Medical Read

Tell your Dad not to let them intimidate him because if they can make you lose focus or redirect with an unrelated response they will do it. To be confident in his presentation, research his rights if necessary and not allow himself to be pushed around. It was my 4th call and how I channeled Clarence Darrow to argue my case that got action, the 3rd being to report the case to their Fraud Dept and only got a bill in response.

They no doubt took me for a nutjob when I called and I knew it, but I had the legal leverage and told them to sue me because I would never send them a dime. That I would love to argue my case in court before a judge and to send their top lawyer because I was up to it. That my recording along with the bill I received after contacting their Fraud Dept previously was going with me to the meeting with the lady who had a show about Insurance Fraud, and friend of my sister.

Then I dropped a MOAB of Misery that would have any jury wailing in tears of rage at the very thought. That got it escalated to someone who knew I wasn't joking and took the matter very seriously. He offered to file a grievance against her on my behalf, and in their own interest because it made Them look bad even though it was broker who sold me the plan and assured me they would do everything possible on their end to help me bring her to Justice. I thanked them and repeated what made it such a travesty to drive it home.

If it can look bad, make it bad as can be and don't be shy about doing it no matter what.

The state I live in has a Physicians Board of Registry. I know my rights as i was the Advocate for the Rights of my Clients. The ER physician evidently thought I had none and made such a scene that people were walking by the open door and looking in to see what was happening. He went off on me in a big way and was over the top by any standard in his personal insults and what was a violation not only my rights but Hospital Policy. I let him rant knowing he had no idea who he was talking to. His diatribe was digging a hole that would be the resting place of his License to practice medicine and I would go to great lengths to make it happen come the dawn. I left against Medical Advise and told the charge nurse to be through in her documentation of what transpired. She looked like she knew to cover herself and why.

I reported the incident to the State Physicians Board of Registry that morning. They sent their rep to my home to take my statement and I gave them information I could not know had he not said the things he did and advised them to casually ask his profession before becoming a physician as proof I was telling the truth. He thought that crafty, would do just that and left to go to the hospital. They fired him but he could go back to his old job for more of what set him off to begin with. The Hospital put up signs stating patient rights to treatment that were in direct contrast to his outburst.

i called later to let them know I hadn't gone away and they asked if it was money I wanted. But I was already in that place where the only definition of "reason" is "cause to act" and money couldn't bring me back. I said money wouldn't be enough to cover it, when I should have asked the amount they had in mind and made a bundle.

If I lived close to you I would happily be his advocate and argue his point. But there's no reason he can't get results on his own. He just hasn't reached the right place or stated his case firmly enough to the right person. Make sure he is aware of his rights, to be vigorous in his presentation and dogged in his pursuit of what he wants done to make it right. Accept nothing less and never become disheartened or give up the fight. Be prepared to go from supremely confident to feeble, fearful and unsure of what to do should the situation demand a change of tactics.

It did for me when they tried to box me in with their legal argument. I went from supremely confident to unsure of what to do and fearful of doing anything. I saw the chance to drop a nuke that devastated their argument with a tale of tears that actually made me feel sorry for her by the way she sympathetically responded. Which meant it worked like a charm and would every time I dropped ordnance, if I could only manage to hold out long enough to see it through to the end... That as my closing argument so they would know the depths of her depravity and be resolute in their own case against her.

I told her Happy Thanksgiving, she said she hoped I started to feel better. Poor girl. I probably ruined Thanksgiving for her by taking back control of conversation and running with it but you have to be ruthless as they are at every turn to beat them at their own game.

They will become obsolete when the government makes implanted chips mandatory. Why, it could even be done in a flu shot without your knowledge for efficiency and an enhanced shopping experience as the sole means of purchase making money obsolete.

I'm surprised the idea has never been put forth.. Wait..

All they need is a way to permanently trap a photon inside of a nano-sized structure of some sort, like a ring resonator. An entangled photon can communicate, and trapped photon properties are affected by magnetic and gravitational fields. Thus, a trapped photon is a GPS! The tracker will be too tiny to see with the naked eye. The nanotech driven era just ahead of us will have serious downsides: we'll live in fear of nano-dust and other inventions. The public is not one whit aware of any of these things however: as usual, they know nothing. Salt with the mutton, please ...

It just so happens that the brain has micro-tubules that could serve as ring resonators. The lengths of some of them just happen to be ~ 1 cm: exactly the wavelength of 5G. Now there's a conspiracy theory for you.

@ Trihexagonal : Heck, you must be almost as old as I, you codger ( :) ). Isn't it funny how the cost of medical care seems to be just enough above the 80% medicare limit to bust your budget. Accident? If you're like me and watch the old people network on TV (Perry Mason, Matlock on obscure high number channels) - then you have all the medicare supplement commercials memorized. Some of them are two or three minutes long! Guess my memory is still OK then LOL ...

I couldn't have known how to read but I remember looking at a newspaper with a picture of Sputnik on it when it was launched into space.

You might find this interesting. It may be posted in a forum somewhere:

Extraterrestrial Physics 101: Gravity is the 4th Dimension

I hosted Kens theory on my GeoCities Solar Storm site for a time around 2000 or so when he was still associated with Brain Parquette. I had to type it out into XHTML so I read it several times and knew it well enough to eventually teach it to Siseneg. Gravity, Electricity and Magnetism are all discussed and shown as Dimensions.

That was before Brian started to claim he wrote it on several physics boards, for those who might remember what I'm talking about. I put an end to what had become hostile debate by outing Brian as the plagiarizer he was, knowing them both personally and having first hand knowledge of the facts.

Trihexagonal : I'd normally wonder why gravity was switched with time, but oh well. Maybe that's just one of my indoctrinated preconceptions? Given some of the things I've posted, I need to be less shill and automatic in my responses, but even with half an eye open, the book doesn't look very interesting.

I went down the photon rabbit hole about a year ago, and the tunnels seem to never end. Clever rabbits. Splash in the pond and make waves of? Water! Sing a melody to your significant other and make waves of? Air! Talk on your cell phone or smart phone and make waves of? Photons! Where do all of those photons go? Nontrivial question, with many possible answers ...

My father has been reporting on his last doctor. They charged his Medicare for "Tobacco and Alcohol counseling" and that outraged my pop, who has never drank or smoked in his life.
He is worried his supplemental Medicare insurance will get the bogus information and will charge him more.
The problem is they keep charging his medicare monthly after he reported them and he moved on to another practice.
Medicare really don't care from the way it sounds..

I do see one doctor twice a year and have been over ten years but he is the exception and do trust him. Now that I think about it I'm not so sure they didn't tag me with Tobacco and Alcohol counseling before. I do smoke a stogie now and then but haven't drank since 1996. I know they used to tag Dietary counseling of some sort when it was never mentioned once. I'm in the weight class for my height as it is. It never made a difference with the Ins company and any charges were taken care of by my coverage so I never paid anything to go to the doctor.

I can understand your Dad being upset with it having never drank or smoked but I don't think that's the type of thing Medicare looks for in Fraud. They're looking for claims related to tests that were never done and procedures your doctor has billed the Govt. for that were never done. If they are charging his Medicare monthly ask for a printout of his statement detailing what he's been billed for over a period and don't move from where he stands till it is in his hand. They don't need to know why, just comply. Then you can see what he's being charged for and if falsely.

He has the right to see his medical file so if they get snippy lay that on them with righteous indignation to show them you mean business. They can't refuse to let you see it. Be ready to back it up with threats of calls to Govt agencies to report the incident and follow through with it. That's when you make it look bad as possible about how they are treating an elderly gentleman within his rights. How it has effected him negatively in every area of his life and ability to function normally.

The Ins company continues to call me and conversation is always courteous and complaisant. It's not a matter of contention between us. The guy I spoke with today called to reassure me this did not fall on deaf ears and while he could not legally inform me of the outcome of their investigation they were on it and would see it through to the end.

In my conversation where I laid it out I stated having them look into my fraud complaint and only receiving another bill as a response was in hindsight like "asking the mouse to watch for who was stealing the cheese". That must have been what they thought made it look bad on them. They remarked immediately to what must have been an unpleasant visage for them and worked diligently to show that was not the case.

The girl I spoke to before Thanksgiving called Friday but I was on my way out the door. I would have liked to continue with her as my contact as she was really nice but I have the name and number of this guy who urged me to call if I had any questions. I liked the Tier 1 girl I spoke to because she was every bit as tenacious in her attempts to get me to sales as I was not to let her and I admired that quality in her.

They don't need to tell me the outcome of the investigation for me to know if she has a new charge against her anyway. I have her business card and know where to look to see her criminal history at no charge. I've already checked and while she does have a history with the court it's nothing outstanding.

All in all, it's been well worth the effort and goes to show you can get something done if you try hard enough.

Back