• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Solved Gnome3 stay blocked

philo_neo

Hi,
I work with FreeBSD 11 and Gnome3, but after installed Java EE, Mysql, Tomcat 8, eclipse luna, the gnome3 stay blocked after reboot command, I can access the computer with ssh from another computer, I edit rc.conf is normally configured, the pointer of Mouse stay blocked and I have a black screen!

Where is the errors?

Regards
Philippe

hukadan

Without providing information, there is little chance that someone can help you solving your problem.

It would be useful if you could show us your /etc/rc.conf file, your xorg.conf file (if you have one) and the X server log with cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log. At least it should give a good starting point for troubleshooting.

-- Edit --
I did not pay attention to your FreeBSD version... But what is written above is valid whenever your ask a question on a forum: do not forget to give useful information.

philo_neo

hi,

Code:
root@sta-raptor:~ # [CMD]uname -a[/CMD]
FreeBSD sta-raptor 11.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #0 r279813: Mon Mar  9 17:09:05 UTC 2015  root@releng2.nyi.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
root@sta-raptor:~ #

this is the rc.conf :
Code:
hostname="sta-raptor"
keymap="fr.iso.acc"
ifconfig_re0="DHCP"
sshd_enable="YES"
# Set dumpdev to "AUTO" to enable crash dumps, "NO" to disable
# dumpdev="AUTO"
gdm_enable="YES"
gnome_enable="YES"
vboxnet_enable="YES"
hald_enable="YES"
dbus_enable="YES"
# apache24_enable="YES"
# mysql_enable="YES"
this is my xorg.conf
Code:
Section "InputClass"
  Identifier "system-keyboard"
  MatchIsKeyboard "on"
  Option "XkbLayout" "fr"
  Option "XkbVariant" "latin9"
  Option "AllowEmptyInput" "off"
EndSection

You can download file/var/log/Xorg.0.log:

Regards
Philippe

Attachments

philo_neo

I'm do it that : Option "AllowEmptyInput" "Off" bad, by : Option "AutoAddDevices" "Off" good.

But I cannot to login session !

philo_neo

Hi,
I do command make deinstall first finally make reinstall of X11/gnome3 repository, I have the X11 server running! Tomcat 8! Mysql! and Eclipse luna, OpenJDK.
Thanks for your help !

Regards
Philippe